What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Re: What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I made coconut chicken with chipolte plum dipping sauce and homemade loaded fries (cheddar, bacon, chives, and sour cream). A local restaurant has coconut chicken on their menu, so I tried to make it at home! I bought the breading (Panko Japanese style - I think using this made a big difference) and added some spices to it, cut up the chicken breasts and rolled them in it, then deep fried them. Then, I added some chipolte powder to homemade plum jam and used that for the dipping sauce. It ending up being really good! If you can't get chipolte powder, then a little liquid smoke and some ground hot peppers would work as well, if not better! Probably about a billion calories and tons of fat, but it is tasty!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Etienneza
Currently Reading: The Ancestor's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etienneza.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Etienneza »

Wow, sounds absolutely delicious! I don't have the option to prepare my own meals at the moment. Cooking was something I enjoyed most while having my own abode. Your post really has brought back amazing memories. Thank you.
rf-03
Favorite Book: Normal People
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by rf-03 »

Baked a Victoria sponge and some biscuits.
prakritisingh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prakritisingh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by prakritisingh »

Melexa wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 13:41 Today is my friend's birthday. So, I cooked fried rice and peppered chicken, and I baked vanilla and chocolate cakes with caramel filling, buttercream frosting, with oreo and chocolate toppings.
hey please share the recipe for the cake with caramel filling. I have been dying to make one.
Shirley-Tome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-tome.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Shirley-Tome »

A dozen cupcakes and 6 cinnamon rolls. So yum!!!
natasha juhl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by natasha juhl »

I made a feta and tomato pasta today for dinner! I placed cherry tomatoes and a block of feta cheese in a large glass dish that was oven safe and topped with olive oil. Then after the cheese and tomatoes had been heated, I stirred the ingredients together, added salt, pepper, and oregano to taste and added some cooked pasta. Always safe your pasta water from boiling the pasta in order to mix into the pan as well for a rich sauce texture!
beatrice_mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by beatrice_mom »

I cooked steaks today. I tried my new grill pan. It turned out very cool. Even during the first use of the pan, the steaks did not burn. The quality of the frying pan is amazing. I found a great skillet in a review on MyKitchenAdvisor. As it turned out, it a very useful site, interesting reviews. Especially if you want to equip your kitchen to cook quickly and comfortably, so you have more time for books.
Krllymt30
Favorite Book: All Quiet on the Western Front
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Krllymt30 »

I decided to try to be healthy? so i had half a pan fried chicken breast, with some sautéed onion and garlic and a spinach salad with a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese. a finished with a little lemon juice

It was really light and pretty good
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Today, mostly leftovers and frozen stuff...except I made a dipping sauce/salad dressing from homemade orange marmalade. I removed the peels, added vinegar, mustard seed, onion powder, turmeric, celery seed, anise seed, minced roasted garlic, chipolte, and ancho powder. It's spicy but really good considering I have no idea what I'm doing!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

I ate fried eggs with cheese and bread. it was nice
Ilian ZHU
Favorite Book: Legacy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilian-zhu.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Ilian ZHU »

I made some ramen xd
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

I make Cajun turkey wings and rice. Also, jerk turkey ends.
Mabs83k

Post by Mabs83k »

Yum! I made spaghetti Bolognese and tomato salad.
ChattTownSpeechie
Currently Reading:

Post by ChattTownSpeechie »

Vegetarian Lasagna using cottage cheese versus ricotta....and I actually liked it better than traditional lasagna. Never in a million years....
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

ChattTownSpeechie wrote: 05 Mar 2021, 22:52 Vegetarian Lasagna using cottage cheese versus ricotta....and I actually liked it better than traditional lasagna. Never in a million years....
Seems delicious. I have been doing more vegetarian dishes lately and have been loving it.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”