Traditional dishes in your country

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Re: Traditional dishes in your country

Post by Zimall »

I live in pakistan and we have alot of traditional dishes here. Biryani is most famous and delicious dish here. It is cooked using chicken and rice with some yellow food coloring in it.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Kofoworola15
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kofoworola15 »

Hi :D
My name is kofoworola. I'm from Nigeria
I'm I'm a yoruba girl. The traditional dishes of my tribe include Amala (yam flour pudding) served along with okro ,vegetable or melon soup with lots of meats, fishes, prawns,crabs, pork (optional) 8)
Anna Maria 86
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-maria-86.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Anna Maria 86 »

I'm from Poland and our traditional dishes are pierogi, bigos, zurek, barszcz, just to name a few. In general, we also love baking! My favourite cake is makowiec, made with poppyseeds, and traditional baked cheesecake.
Shirley-Mercy 8
Favorite Book: Zeus Defied
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Shirley-Mercy 8 »

so am from Kenya...mine is mashed potatoes and some greens..and beans and maize all in one pot then mash them all together get a beef stew and all goes well😀
Dolora

Post by Dolora »

Im from philippines and 1 of our traditional dish is kesong puti or cheese that comes from carabao milk.. it is a dish that i never i never tasted but most of my countrymen loves and enjoys it.
priyanshi63

Post by priyanshi63 »

I am from Madhya Pradesh, India. Traditional dish here is Poha-Jalebi / Samosa-Kachori with spicy chutney. People here prefer to start their day with this yummy breakfast. Every person living here can't say no to it whenever and wherever they are offered these things. Once you have it here at my place you will get addicted to this pure Indian breakfast.
Res Alexis
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Res Alexis »

I am native of Uganda.Our traditional food includes matooke, cassava,sweet potatoes, yams.The traditional way of cooking is by rapping the food in banana leaves.For sauce like meat its first roasted then prepared by boiled it in water with onions,green pepper,tomatoes, carrots and a bit of salt for that mouth watering flavour.
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

Res Alexis wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 20:36 I am native of Uganda.Our traditional food includes matooke, cassava,sweet potatoes, yams.The traditional way of cooking is by rapping the food in banana leaves.For sauce like meat its first roasted then prepared by boiled it in water with onions,green pepper,tomatoes, carrots and a bit of salt for that mouth watering flavour.
This sounds super good!
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

The traditional meal in my country constitutes of corn mixed with beans potatoes and vegetables then mashed together.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Mutegude
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Mutegude »

Im from Zimbabwe our traditional dish is ''Sadza(A mixer of maize meal and water cooked to form a nice paste) nenyama yemombe(Beef stew)''

Here is a quick way to make Sadza

1.Put mealie-meal in pot. Add cold water to make a paste. Put pot on stove and add boiling water whilst stirring simultaneously.

2.Keep stirring until it’s boiling ( rakukwata). Cover pot, reduce heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.

3.After 15 minutes, add more mealie-meal bit by bit and as we say it in our vernacular,mona sadza(mix). Be sure to do it well. When it’s just about to reach the consistency you want, cover itrishinyire(loosely translated- let is simmer) for 5 minutes. Your sadza is ready.

It might not be much but I am sure you will enjoy it. :)
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

I am from India and I can start a separate website for all the traditional indian dishes. But I like rice with chicken curry. For the curry, you have to heat oil in a pot, put some onion and when that softens, you can you add some ginger garlic paste and add chicken to it after that is cooked. Then, add spices and cover it till the chicken cooks and the oil separates to the top.
Bloomington21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Bloomington21 »

What is comfort food to me?

I grew up with Grandma's/ Memaw's that
made great dishes, such as "Chicken and
Dumplings", and "Chicken Fried Steak",
with "mashed potatoes and creamy white
gravy". That is always what I remember
as good comfort food. My Grandma cooking and I being allowed to help. With
all the other problems in the world, when
a child is growing up,some things just never changed. :D
Rkainat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Rkainat »

Well,I am from Pakistan so if we talk about traditional dishes of Pakistan so I believe these r Biryani ,kheer,shahi tukday,korma and sagg.
Amina-Ibrahim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-ibrahim.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Amina-Ibrahim »

I am happy every Pakistani here is saying biryani but HAVE YOU thought about Nihari? Qourma? Paaye? GOL GAPPE? Chana chaat? I like Biryani but why is it so over-rated?!
CharlizeGwapa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlizegwapa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CharlizeGwapa »

In Manila, sinigang is very popular. In fact, tourists look for it everytime they visit.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”