Traditional dishes in your country

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Traditional dishes in your country

Post by dhwanis »

I am from India, where each city has different cuisines. I am from Vadodara (Gujarat) we are fans of sev usal (stew made of dried peas with chick pea flour noodles) along with other Gujarati Dishes like dhokla (kind of like savory fermented rice cakes), Handvo (again fermented cakes but it also has lots of veggies and lentils in it), fafda and kadhi (snack made from chickpea flour) and much more...Gujarati people are known for 3 things: 1) Business sense 2) Love for food 3) Love for travel.
eleh Micheal
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by eleh Micheal »

"ofe onugbo" bitter leaf soup is my favorite ... and all anambrarians in Nigeria
Aisa02
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aisa02 »

I'm from Philippines and our traditional dishes are adobo, pakbet chopsuey adobo is the best traditional recipe here in the Philippines you can make chicken adobo and pork adobo yummy!
Tamunoibelema
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Tamunoibelema »

I'm from Nigeria, Rivers state. My best traditional food is called Onunu with Fresh fish peppersoup. The Onunu is a mixture of boiled yam with plantain pounded together with little pepper, palm oil and salt added to eat.

-- 08 Oct 2017, 07:59 --

I am from Nigeria, Rivers state and one of my traditional food is Onunu with Fresh fish peperrsoup. The Onunu is mixture of boiled pounded yam and plantain with a little palm oil and salt and pepper to taste
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I'm from America i guess our traditional dishes are turkey and mashed potatoes? We don't really have 'traditional food I Guess, we are a melting pot.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Fried chicken with hot sauce and catsup. Chicken or Pork Adobo. Chicken curry. And mixed vegetables.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Kinny

Post by Kinny »

I'm from Cambodia and our traditional food is Brohok, I guess not a lot people know about this but here people love it because of the smell, it makes from fish combine with another ingredients and leave it longer than a month and when it's ready you can tell with the smell. So when we eat we can mix it with other meat like pork or chicken and cook them when it cooked we served it with rice 🍚 it can be lunch or dinner. I can't cook well but I love it when my mum cooked it 😊.
Jew24

Post by Jew24 »

A traditional dish in my country is Pelau, pronounced as Pee-laow or Pay-laow. It is very popular on the island. It is a one-pot dish consisting of Meat, Rice, Pigeon peas, Spices, Coconut milk and Browning/Burnt sugar. It is usually served with a side of Cole slaw or Potato salad and a slice of Avocado.
Kulsoom15-
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Kulsoom15- »

I a from Pakistan and my favourite dish is baryani.Many people like to eat it and this is also especial dish in parties and in every occasion.I cook baryani very tasty.
First I chopped onions 4-5 and then I add in oil and cook it till it colored light pink
Then I add chicken /mutton in it and cook 5-10 min
Then I add chopped garlic and ginger in it and all spices i.e; salt,red chilli,black pepper and etc
After it I add 5-6 tomatoes an 4 green chilies
I also add NATIONAL baryani Masala which enhance the taste of baryani
I mix this Masala in yogurt and add in chicken and then cook it till the
chicken gets soften
In separate utensil I boil 4-cups of rice and after which it boil
I mix it with chicken in layers
Then my baryani is ready. I also make curry which is also famous with boiled rice.
Naresh607
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Naresh607 »

I am from Nepal... There are many traditional dishes but my favorite is Mo:Mo .. Of course and grilled sekuwa
tokemi
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by tokemi »

Hi, I'm from Nigeria My favourite traditional dish is Amala and Abula...made from yam flour and vegetable and beans flour.... It's loved by most people also served at parties hot and so yummy !!!
Msa50+

Post by Msa50+ »

Hi ! I am a South African born lady from Eastern Cape province emaMpondweni, who like traditional foods, but I excel in cooking my mom dish, called 'Isigwampa' and who ow ! its sumptuous.
Ingredients: Mealie-meal - 2cups
Fine chopped traditional leafy veggies/ African spinach (imifuno) -4-6 bunches
water -2cups
salt 1/4 teaspoon
red chilies pepper -1 pinch
Method: Wash and fine chopped leafy veggies or African spinach, boil it in a 1 cup of water, add 1/4 salt and 1 pinch red chillies pepper then add water allow it to boil until the veggies become soft. Now start adding while stirring mealie-meal into the pot, mixing them together.Allow it to simmer for 3-5minutes then you can serve.
yemi005

Post by yemi005 »

I'm from Nigeria myntraditional meal is amala with ewedu....hmmmmm yummy
Amina Mohamed

Post by Amina Mohamed »

Githeri
Amina Mohamed

Post by Amina Mohamed »

I am Somali born in kenya i like the kenyan traditional food which is githeri it's a very fast dish to prepare it takes only 15 minutes.First fry onions then add grated tomatoes and carrots after that put your mixed beans and maize into the sauce.live it to mix for 5 minutest then it's ready to eat. :wink:

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”