Favorite cookbook

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
smhawkins
Currently Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smhawkins.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Re: Favorite cookbook

Post by smhawkins »

When I first got into cooking, I honestly just used Pinterest and YouTube for most of my recipes. It helped me to be able to see it, rather than just reading a recipe list.

Now I have an extremely limited diet. I just ordered a cookbook called "Healing Your Gut" by Hilary Boynton. I am super excited about it because it gets old eating the same thing everyday. Will let y'all know how it is!
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
jennifer5
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer5.html

Post by jennifer5 »

I love baking, especially cakes, and I love a blog called Style Sweet CA. Tessa Huff, the author, has written an incredible cookbook for cakes called Layered. Really makes it easy to make cakes that look really fancy and sophisticated.
hedykay
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hedykay.html

Post by hedykay »

Some of my favorite cookbooks come from the Culinaria series. They produce different ones for different countries. After purchasing the Italy for incredibly cheap, I found others online even cheaper. They go in great detail on location, by each region of the country and explain what are the recipes that region is famous for, or ingredients. Not only that, it has beautiful photographs and wonderful stories. It is much more than just a cookbook.
ddayankee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddayankee.html

Post by ddayankee »

Americas Test Kitchen cookbook. The recipes are interesting ( you can also see them on the show) and they give the science behind the recipe.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Although I am an avid reader, I have never owned or been gifted a cook book! I do think it is much easier to find recipes online, however, I think it is sad that cookbooks aren't used as much anymore. I think I have to go buy one now!
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

I just reviewed Jane Green's (Author of women's fiction) Cookbook called Good Taste: Simple, Delicious Recipes for Family and Friends. A very nice cookbook!

A lush and gorgeous guide to all things food and entertaining from New York Times bestselling author Jane Green.

Jane Green’s life has always revolved around her kitchen...

... from inviting over friends for an impromptu brunch; to wowing guests with delicious new recipes; to making sure her ever-on-the-move family makes time to sit down together. For Jane, food is enjoyable because of the people surrounding it and the pleasures of hosting and nourishing those she cares about, body and soul.

Now, Jane opens wide the doors of her stunning home to share tips on entertaining, ideas for making any gathering a cozy yet classy affair, and some of her favorite dishes, ranging from tempting hors d’oeuvres like Sweet Corn and Chili Soup, to mouthwatering one-pot mains like Slow-Braised Onion Chicken, to sinfully satisfying desserts like Warm Chocolate and Banana Cake.

This book is Jane’s perfect recipe for making a wonderful life complete with friends, loving family, and moments filled with good food, good times, and, of course, Good Taste.
Lanyea

Post by Lanyea »

My Favourite cookbook name is Easo cook shiki. I't a very funny and interesting cooking book.
cs_johnson

Post by cs_johnson »

I love Italian recipe books, always scrumptious and not too unhealthy. I only ever really get them out during holidays like Christmas though. These days I use the internet a lot but love getting out the books as leafing through the pictures and recipes on paper is always more fun.
Stephshaw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephshaw.html

Post by Stephshaw »

I use Pintrest for most of my recipes, but I also love the South Beach cookbooks.
Arls World
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arls-world.html

Post by Arls World »

One of my favorite simple and easy recipe cookbooks is the Gooseberry series.
Jessreading

Post by Jessreading »

I don't have a favourite cookbook but the Heavy Metal Cookbook has some good recipes from different parts of the world.
angel_amanda

Post by angel_amanda »

"5 ingredients or less" has been a close companion for years :)
JenniB
Currently Reading: The Biology of Belief
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennib.html

Post by JenniB »

Any of the books by Jamie Oliver. Love him! I can't wait to get my hands on his new Christmas cookbook.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

Dakshin: Vegetarian Cuisine from South India : An Earthly Delight Cookbook by Chandra Padmanabhan ..Such tasty recepies, each dish turns out wonderfully and all dishes have artful pictures in the book.
MsWright2016
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mswright2016.html

Post by MsWright2016 »

The cook books that I particularly like are "Make-a-Mix Cookbook", and "The Once A Month Cook Book." I like that they use recipes that can be tweaked and converted to personal taste. I also learned a lot about Natural Remedies from Jethro Kloss, "Back To Eden"

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”