What is the story behind your love for cooking?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

What is the story behind your love for cooking?

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Hey! Good day to you all😇
I’d like to know everyone’s story behind their love for cooking. At what age did you discover you loved and wanted to know how to cook?
I remember a particular holiday back in junior secondary school. I was alone at home most of the time(my parents were always at work and my siblings were away at uni) It was the perfect opportunity for me to experiment as I could easily dispose of the food if it turned out bad😩😩. The first dish I made was as expected, really horrible 🥲 but I kept trying and got better and better!. I kept recreating recipes in my head and those I saw on TV or the internet. It was really a moment for me. At the end of that holiday, I had made a dish my entire family ate and enjoyed. The love for cooking was born in me at that point and I’ve continued to learn and get better 🥰🥰
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

i don't actually love to cook but I know how to, I am satisfied when people enjoy my cooking so it encourages me to cook more or make that dish more often
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

When I was 18, my mother became ill. So I spent a month cooking. But I felt delighted on those days when I was cooking. After every cooking, I felt fulfilled. Apart from music and reading books, it relieves stress. Even now, when I'm stressed, I just cook something with whatever stuff I have on hand, regardless of how it turns out. And I always get excited when I get to serve the dish I made to others.
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

I like to eat. Plus I just like using my hands to make something no matter how small or big. Cooking is a really good skill when you think about it.
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

I spent my childhood seeing my grandmother and my parents cook. Now when I cook, it brings back so many fond memories.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

There’s something about relaxing about cooking, especially at the end of the day with a glass of wine. I also love feeding my family and knowing they are taken care of and have full bellies.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I mainly lived with my grandparents growing up. Home life wasn’t the best. My grandma worked as a waitress into my adult years. I was taught to cook so I could make dinner for my grandfather while grandma was working. Papa was a champ because even when it turned out bad he still ate it. It took many years of practice to get as good as I am now. I absolutely love to cook because I love seeing the smiles on others faces.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”