Air Fryer Recipes

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Air Fryer Recipes

Post by Kristy Khem »

My mom won an air fryer in a local contest. We've only warmed food and done sweet potato chips in it so far. My family uses it like we would use a microwave, but I'm pretty sure it's a bit different. Right? :doh:

I would really appreciate some more recipes, especially with the settings (temperature and time). What do you guys cook in the air fryer? Can you bake in it too?
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I don't have an air fryer so I really don't know what recipes we can make or bake in it. But, Congratulations to your mom. You might have get used to it, haven't you?
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 22:58 I don't have an air fryer so I really don't know what recipes we can make or bake in it. But, Congratulations to your mom. You might have get used to it, haven't you?
I did some research online and found some useful recipes - air-fried fries, vegetables, and chicken! We are getting used to it now, but we are still a little skeptical to try new things in it :). I tried to roast chickpeas in it and they didn't come out great; in fact, they resembled (and tasted) like pebbles when I took them out :(
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

I have had one for years and love it! I have done whole chickens, chicken wings, fries, and potato skins. The best part is that you are reducing the fats in what you eat.
There are many recipes on Pinterest and very surprising Weight Watchers has a large number of recipes from appetizers, mains and deserts.
Just keep in mind that each air fryer is a little different so you may have to adjust the cooking times a bit.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

I never bought one. But we are thinking to buy one.
Le-nic Pretorius
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-le-nic-pretorius.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Le-nic Pretorius »

One of the best ways to cook broccoli is in an air fryer. Wash, and toss in a bit of olive oil, salt, and garlic flakes before air frying. The broccoli should be thinly sliced for it to be crunchy. It's delicious, I promise!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”