What is your favorite book/movie that centers around food?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

What is your favorite book/movie that centers around food?

Post by HeatherEi »

There are so many great books and movies that center around food: Julie and Julia, Hundred Foot Journey, Eat Pray Love, The Chef, etc. I love how food brings people together. I also love watching/reading about food. What are your favorite movies/books about food and why?
medy2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by medy2 »

the chef, because there is a lot of entertainment
jamibozz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamibozz.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by jamibozz »

I love watching "Because I Said So". It's a great romance movie and has a huge focus on food too. I don't know, I just love anything that has food in it, especially pastries and cakes like this movie.
Luv_2_reed-688
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luv-2-reed-688.html
Latest Review: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs by Maya Elston

Post by Luv_2_reed-688 »

Actually, mine would be two series of “cozy mystery” books. One is a series by Diane Mott Davidson, which features a caterer named Goldy Schultz. The other is a series featuring baker Hannah Swenson, who owns a shop called The Cookie Jar. There have been a couple of movies made based on Hannah Swenson mysteries. I believe they are Hallmark movies.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

Luv_2_reed-688 wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 22:57 Actually, mine would be two series of “cozy mystery” books. One is a series by Diane Mott Davidson, which features a caterer named Goldy Schultz. The other is a series featuring baker Hannah Swenson, who owns a shop called The Cookie Jar. There have been a couple of movies made based on Hannah Swenson mysteries. I believe they are Hallmark movies.
Awesome! Those both sound interesting and I love Hallmark movies! I will have to check them out.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

I absolutely love the way George R.R. Martin describes food. It'll be something I don't like or don't even know what it is and it will sound delicious.

I was also always captivated by the foods in anime... they always look so good haha
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Queenyx
Currently Reading: Guidebook of How to Obtain Pureness of Heart Required to Enter Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenyx.html
Latest Review: The Evolutionite Chronicles Book One: Dagger and Shadow Ninja by Timothy Callahan

Post by Queenyx »

The Chef definitely. My dad made me read it so I could understand what it means to love cooking. I'm glad I read it cos I felt he just wanted to stress me at that time😂 right before he taught me the rudiments on how to cook. From that moment going forward, I loved books and cooking like my life depended on it
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

I don't think I've really read a book that focused on cooking. Although animes, whether in movie or show form, usually display food beautifully.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I don’t think I have watched anything that revolves around food although I did enjoy ratatouille and hope it counts.
medtjd1206
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by medtjd1206 »

My favorite food movie is Mystic Pizza. Julia Roberts and many others star in this drama/comedy about their family business and all the issues that come with it. It's about the bond of sisterhood and love. Very good movie.
Sophia Scher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-scher.html
Latest Review: Tales from the Aether by Matthew C. Woodruff

Post by Sophia Scher »

Ratatouille, I always loved how Remy ate food and there were little fireworks because I have always felt I taste food the same way.
jkreviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jkreviewer.html
Latest Review: Meditation for Beginners in Six world Religions by Gabriel J. Gomes

Post by jkreviewer »

Favorite books about baking are by Jenny Colgan. She is just a gem. I really recommend them. They are realistic, human-centric, and have yummy baking recipes in them! When I wanted to get back into baking bread, I used a recipe out of one of her books for a regular white bread and it worked great the first try!
fatty4ril
Currently Reading: why not me
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by fatty4ril »

My favorite movie that centers around food is "oh my ghostess"...A Korean drama series..I learnt some cooking tricks and gained alot from it..
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

No Reservations! I know this doesn’t entirely revolve around food, but still I like the movie. The dishes they make look really delicious.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

Ratatouille is my favorite movie about food. The animations of Paris throughout the movie were beautiful and it felt like we were there with Remy for the journey. This inspired me to try ratatouille and it is a delicious meal.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”