What things SHOULDN'T go together?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Re: What things SHOULDN'T go together?

Post by Libs_Books »

Bianka Walter wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 06:45 included in our rations were: Peanut Butter; a LOT of carrots; and Marmite. I have no idea what possessed us to bring these very random items with us, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the three do not mix!
We spent the next two days dipping carrots in peanut butter and Marmite. It was horrific!
I *love* peanut butter and Marmite! :mrgreen: And I don't mind carrots, though I will admit they perhaps don't go so well with the other two. Still, I expect your night vision improved no end!
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

Camille Turner wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 08:50
SparklesonPages wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 11:11
Camille Turner wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 15:42 I live in Colombia with my husband (who is Colombian and coincidentally a chef) and he and other people here love to put cheese in their hot cocoa...I find it a horrible combination!!
Cheese in hot cocoa sounds like a swift trip to the potty! That’s just a overall dangerous combination.
Haha! Agreed...no thank you!
Yup, I think you win the prize on this one, Camille - that sounds truly disgusting - though cocoa with chilli is great.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Lincolnshirelass wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 05:43 Recently saw an Infomercial (should get out more!) where they put mayo and ketchup on THE SAME BURGER. Nooooooooo!!!
OMG We do that always?? especially on hotdog in sticks. and sometimes we already mix them and put it in a container! :lol:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

Libs_Books wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 14:51
Camille Turner wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 08:50
SparklesonPages wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 11:11 Cheese in hot cocoa sounds like a swift trip to the potty! That’s just a overall dangerous combination.
Haha! Agreed...no thank you!
Yup, I think you win the prize on this one, Camille - that sounds truly disgusting - though cocoa with chilli is great.
Ha! It is! I agree with you that cocoa and chili is excellent. I especially love dark chocolate with chili (like Lindt's version) -- yum!
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

Cooked spinach and birthday cake. When I was 8 I was told I couldn't have cake until my spinach was finished. I put spinach on the fork with every bit of food I had to disguise it, but there was still more spinach left. Finally I begged, if I eat my spinach with my cake, can I have cake? My parents agreed.

They never should have caved. It was BAD!
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by love_b00ks »

I don't like ginger on my veggies. I used to be a picky eater but now, it seems like I can eat anything (except for exotic food).
Rosethe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rosethe »

Oops I tried ugali and beans hmmm it's not nice
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I'm a firm believer that most foods should not touch each other, with few exceptions. I think I'd benefit from an adult version of the divided plates children have. Then there are some combinations of foods that just should never have been thought up. Ever.

Banana mayo sandwiches: a friend's sister loves these and they make me sick to my stomach thinking about it.
Mayo on pizza: I live in Japan, and there is one thing about Japan I have not been able to figure out. This beautiful country and its people have a very weird obsession with mayo. It's on sushi; it's on sandwiches; it's on pizza.
Sweet grits: As a Southerner, you're absolutely wrong if you do this.
Peanut butter on burgers: nothing you say can make me think this is ok.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

PlanetHauth wrote: 04 May 2018, 01:14 Peanut butter on burgers: nothing you say can make me think this is ok.
This is never okay!!! Whoever will make this is insane :oops:
Megisa
Currently Reading: How to Shop For Free
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megisa.html
Latest Review: Thriving in the Storm by Bill Murphy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Megisa »

Pineapples on pizza
PlanetHauth

Post by PlanetHauth »

briellejee wrote: 04 May 2018, 21:17
PlanetHauth wrote: 04 May 2018, 01:14 Peanut butter on burgers: nothing you say can make me think this is ok.
I've seen this option at a lot of eateries. It makes my stomach churn every time!
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

PlanetHauth wrote: 04 May 2018, 21:27
I've seen this option at a lot of eateries. It makes my stomach churn every time!
Really??? So someone actually buys them?? I never knew this day would come..... If i think about the taste of burger and peanut butter, they are not sooo compatible. I need to have a word to whoever thought about this!
PlanetHauth

Post by PlanetHauth »

briellejee wrote: 04 May 2018, 21:31

Really??? So someone actually buys them?? I never knew this day would come..... If i think about the taste of burger and peanut butter, they are not sooo compatible. I need to have a word to whoever thought about this!
Yes, people eat them. I've had several people recommend them to me. :sick: What is good, though, is a burger I get at a restaurant in Kamakura, Japan. It's called the American Cherry Burger, and it has cherry jam on it. It's absolutely delicious, though it may sound weird.
-Bilbo Baggins
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

PlanetHauth wrote: 04 May 2018, 21:54
briellejee wrote: 04 May 2018, 21:31

Yes, people eat them. I've had several people recommend them to me. :sick: What is good, though, is a burger I get at a restaurant in Kamakura, Japan. It's called the American Cherry Burger, and it has cherry jam on it. It's absolutely delicious, though it may sound weird.
Cherry jam sounds weird indeed...... Maybe if i didnt know what they put in it, it wouldnt be as bad as i thought it is? Glad the cherry and burger combo turned out well for your taste
SammiArch
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammiarch.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SammiArch »

People around here dip their french fries in either a milkshake or mayonnaise! :hand: :snooty: NO THANK YOU!
Sammi Arch

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”