What crafty thing are you working on?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Re: What crafty thing are you working on?

Post by TrishaCleve »

Ibrahim Hammed wrote: 19 May 2023, 06:50 I don't know whether this qualifies as artsy, but I'm working on a system that will revolutionize how we place internet orders. I appreciate you sharing.
I think that it does qualify. Not only artsty, intelligent too. Congrats. There are few that are artsy or intelligent, and you are both, according to your post.
Have a fabulous day :)
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
mshjvanhoose
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mshjvanhoose »

Hello crafty people! I am currently working on embroidering a baby quilt. Once I am done with the needlework, I will finish it off and put it safely away until the baby arrives in the winter.
I am always working on something to keep my hands busy, I have yarn set aside for a throw when I am done with the quilt. Once the throw is done I will start working on holiday presents.
Maddie Schafer
Currently Reading: Unsound

Post by Maddie Schafer »

I want to start making Amigurumi crochet projects. Currently making a T Rex stuffed animal for my little cousin! :D I have made some blankets and hats before, but this is really testing me on my ability to count!
maggie hong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by maggie hong »

Last year I dreamed of being able to start my own business and sell cute crafts and prints. Just a few months ago, my workload lightened up considerably and I was able to buy materials to start designing a few different jewelry pieces (earrings, necklaces) with cute pendants I created. It's fun so far and although I haven't started selling any, I like being able to make something pretty and wearable. Right now, I'm working on a few cute bug-eyed owl necklace designs.
zibma
Currently Reading:

Post by zibma »

Lately, I have been creating an art craft on canvas using ceramic mortar and acrylic paint. It has been a cool experience that I will definitely repeat again
Angie Fernandez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

I guess this would count? My husband and I are currently applying refurbished barn wood to a wall in our bedroom to make a headboard/accent wall.
Mary Valenzuela

Post by Mary Valenzuela »

I love to cross-stitch and been making Christmas ornaments for family and friends. About 30 done so far with many more on my list to do. Especially love Santa patterns always looking for those I don't have.
payal thakker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-payal-thakker.html
Latest Review: Inner Trek by Mohan Ranga Rao

Post by payal thakker »

I am working in making creative worksheets for kids for activity based learning.
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

I once tried to create an air conditioner for my wooden doghouse. It was something I thought would help. I ended up burning the whole doghouse 😂.
I failed miserably.
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

Creating journals and notebooks online
Mbrwr
Currently Reading:

Post by Mbrwr »

I am working on crochet mandala's, as a cover for the wheels of my wheelchair. Brings a little joy and happiness to my chair.
Jaime Frampton
Currently Reading: The Creative ACT
Bookshelf Size: 287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-frampton.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Jaime Frampton »

My current "crafty things" are felting (scarves & hair accessories), resin jewelry, and embroidered cuff bracelets made from felt, ribbon, and recycled silk sari trims.
Dangel Tejares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dangel-tejares.html
Latest Review: The Sum of All the Pieces by Paul Bradford

Post by Dangel Tejares »

Don’t totally have a lengthy period for creating crochets recentl however, I have my WIP bucket made of crochet. It was honestly challenging bit I’m loving it. Progress, progress, progress!!!!
Elivia Carpenter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Elivia Carpenter »

My two main crafts are crocheting anything and everything, and making polymer clay earrings. I have been working on a crochet steering wheel cover for my boss's birthday (she has only been asking for one for three years, oops!). When I finish that up, it will be time to start fall/halloween themed earrings, which are my personal favorite to make, wear, and HOPEFULLY sell!
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Post by TrishaCleve »

Monishka Sharma wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 09:55 Creating journals and notebooks online
Have you found any good apps for journaling online? I'm more of a scissor and glue gal, but I'm trying to understand what's available online these days.
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”