What's the best meal you've ever made.

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Shedrach19
Currently Reading: Death Ray
Bookshelf Size: 18

What's the best meal you've ever made.

Post by Shedrach19 »

Mine was when I made the popular Nigerian jollof rice at our end of year party. I was overwhelmed by the comments and praises of everyone who had a taste of my meal.
Amna Khalid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amna-khalid.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Amna Khalid »

Pizza fries. Me and my brother loved it. That was the first and last time I made it because after few months my oven dish fell and broke. *Sigh*
Amna Khalid
asteel18
Currently Reading: Taking Time
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

Thanksgiving dinner. We travelled in our trailer to visit family and brought along our electric smoker. We smoked a 24 pound turkey in it and made all of the sides in our tiny trailer kitchen. What little leftovers we had were taken home by our nephew. Still can't believe we pulled it off...
-Amy
asteel18
Currently Reading: Taking Time
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

Thanksgiving dinner. We traveled in our trailer to visit family and brought along our electric smoker. We smoked a 24-pound turkey in it and made all of the sides in our tiny trailer kitchen. What little leftovers we had were taken home by our nephew. Still can't believe we pulled it off...
-Amy
AlexNeb
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Cocos Beckons The Curse of Yemaya
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by AlexNeb »

My best meal was one I cooked with my mother. It was Baked Macaroni and Cheese, with Turkey and homemade biscuits and gravy. Side dishes were fried Okra and Greens, served up with Sweet Tea. One of my fondest memories because wee were cooking for my Grandmother who passed away a couple of months later.
In case you can't tell from the dishes served, I'm from the Southern US. xD

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”