What would you do if there were no more books to read?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ravenbeauty93
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravenbeauty93.html

Re: What would you do if there were no more books to read?

Post by ravenbeauty93 »

If that was to happen then I will really start considering to write my iwn Books and be an Author, not that I have not considered it before, but I will probably be even more determined.
Zander Ward

Post by Zander Ward »

I would probably just re-read all my favorite books
CRMCRM
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crmcrm.html

Post by CRMCRM »

If there were no more books, I would die a slow painful death unless I could read fanfiction then I would be fine.
valerie-

Post by valerie- »

i would go crazy with no books to read. reading is a escape. it hones my mind. it makes me happy. i look forward to the release of a new book.i cannot wait to read it. :ugeek:rt
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

It would be the worst of times if there were no more books to read. However, I would write more. In between writing, I would encourage my friends to write and we'll exchange material. In essence, it would be a book club to share materials and critique one another.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
ph1phin3
Currently Reading: The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ph1phin3.html

Post by ph1phin3 »

I too would write my own book.
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

asach01 wrote:Not the worst thing in the world, but it would be pretty devastating. I don't think I'd ever get to the stage where I'd be satisfied with only e-books. Nothing like the feeling of a well-thumbed favorite to transport you to another place.

I complete agree with this. I do have an ereader and it is just not the same has having the book in my hands as I am reading. I love holding the pages, the smell, the satisfaction of closing it after being done. Nothing can compare to a physical book for me.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
rosemarieshort
Currently Reading: Vanity Fair
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemarieshort.html

Post by rosemarieshort »

I would probably become some potty recluse, sitting in my room all night and scribbling stories, falling asleep and then reading the stories I had written the next night, falling asleep and then starting the process all over again... :D :D
Mother
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 07">Goblin Moon</a>
Currently Reading: The Passing Bells
Bookshelf Size: 5
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Mother »

If there were no more books to read? EVER?

I just... I couldn't even... No. *faints*
www.inwhichmother.com ~ the many misadventures of one working mom
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

The only reason the government would burn books is as a form of censorship (this has happened in the past). Honestly that scares me far more than living in a world where I would be unable to read a book. I know that wasn't really the point of the post but there you go. I honestly do think it would be awful because it takes away imagination. What's left? Movies an video games? Not that I have anything against either but my personal opinion is that books are so much better for us, especially for our kids.
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
kyranthis
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyranthis.html

Post by kyranthis »

Try to rewrite them from memory!
Aferguson1413

Post by Aferguson1413 »

I don't think it would the worst thing, but it will make a big impact. I like my electronics, but nothing will ever beat the true feel and smell of a printed book. That's what heaven on earth smells like.

To answer the question, I would begin to write my own.i already have a few ideas.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I can definitely think of worse things to happen but I know I would be extremely depressed. Whenever I'm feeling sad or down about something I usually turn to reading for comfort. It never fails to make me feel better. I know I wouldn't be at my peak mental health if I couldn't ever read a book again.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
rebelfleur

Post by rebelfleur »

I would write my own. Hopefully that's allowed. About the dreams i have.
Man that would be the ultimate tragedy.
amylord

Post by amylord »

I would be contriving every day a new story in my head! ;)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”