Do you sometimes look at the ending?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Louanne Piccolo
Currently Reading: A Judegement in Stone
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louanne-piccolo.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Do you sometimes look at the ending?

Post by Louanne Piccolo »

I know it's unforgiveable, but I've skipped to the end twice before because I could. not. wait to get there. And it spoiled them both. So, I've decided to never do it again. But, I have spoken to people who do this all the time. Do you? How do you feel afterwards?
It's likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read - Lemony Snicket
BrittaniDJ
Currently Reading: The Heart Has Its Reasons
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanidj.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by BrittaniDJ »

I have never done it! No, wait, scratch that. I think in a blocked out portion of my memory, I did it recently. Within the last month. I almost forgot which book but, because something terrible happened early on in the book, I checked to see if it would be rectified in the end. It wasn't. I dropped the book and refused to finish it. Now, I do teach my Kindergarteners that they need to finish what they start; and I fully believe in that. However, I also believe that spending time reading things that I am morally opposed to or just do not enjoy, is a waste of my time when I could be reading something else. Apart from that once, I have never otherwise done it. I always love experiencing the book all the way through.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Please add your thoughts here. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?