Regular Reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
sjankis630
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Regular Reading?

Post by sjankis630 »

I am always reading. if I am not working through about 2-3 of whatever books have my interest, I will be reading articles from interesting magazines; such as Harpers, The Atlantic, The New York Review of Books.
It helps that I don't watch a lot of television as I hate any and all reality shows.
Some weekdays my television is never turned on .
Ghastlies

Post by Ghastlies »

as much as i love books, i have to say that i don't read regularly at all. my reading schedules depend on whether or not i feel like reading or i just don't have the time to. also, there isn't much to read at home (all of my mom's books are things about businesses and management and stuff) and i've lost my library card somewhere in school haha.

but when i do read, i do not stop. lol
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Im the same way, I read in spells right now Im reading The Worm Ouroboros, its a good book and it holds my attention but I cant seem to stick with it for any length of time. Ive been kind of busy lately and just havent been in the mood to read much more than short stories.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Seaelf63
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Stand
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Seaelf63 »

I'm a massive bookworm. An idea for a smartphone app is Kobo. It has some free books to read also. Most are classics. I need to have a book to read before I go to sleep at night. I also read whenever I have to wait for appointments, or on long trips. I have a Sony reader for times when I can't carry a lot of books with me. Otherwise, I would rather read a paperback or hard cover book. So, I guess I would be classified as a daily reader. :wink:
Bergamot

Post by Bergamot »

I've always got a fiction and non-fiction book on the go ... plus a few more non fiction. I'm like a sponge and have quite varied taste from DIY, autobiographies, languages and any other 'inspiring' books.
sadya
Favorite Book: Too many to name 1.
Currently Reading: Too many to name them all.

Post by sadya »

Same here Bergamot, I've read both fiction and non-fiction, different genres from both. I guess I'm very curious
Bergamot

Post by Bergamot »

sadya wrote:Same here Bergamot, I've read both fiction and non-fiction, different genres from both. I guess I'm very curious
Curious is good, you can learn so much through reading. I read every day, albeit sometimes only for 30 mins.
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

I can't remember a time I didn't carry a book with me. If I had to wait for an appointment the book came out. If I had to wait for an airplane the book came out. If I was eating lunch alone the book came out.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Before I got married I always had a paperback in my back pocket and a few in the car. But the business of being married puts things like that on the back burner. Still read, but not as much.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Gannon
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Bighuey wrote:Before I got married I always had a paperback in my back pocket and a few in the car. But the business of being married puts things like that on the back burner. Still read, but not as much.
Bighuey, are you serious? You seem to read a different book everyday. I would love to read at the rate you go. :)
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
kellydouglas

Post by kellydouglas »

Yes, i am a regular book reader, my bedroom is full of books.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Gannon wrote:
Bighuey wrote:Before I got married I always had a paperback in my back pocket and a few in the car. But the business of being married puts things like that on the back burner. Still read, but not as much.
Bighuey, are you serious? You seem to read a different book everyday. I would love to read at the rate you go. :)
I read a lot of short stories. Lately I just havent had the ambition to go into a longer novel.
DATo

Post by DATo »

I almost always have a book close by but I do not have a set agenda to read. I just read for entertainment and to fill in empty gaps of time during the day (when I can find them).
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
GHood11391

Post by GHood11391 »

I am a college student but only am part-time so I have a lot of time to read. So as for me I try to read on a daily basis but sometimes life gets in the way and I won't read for a couple of days but eventually I always start reading again. I love reading too much not to. It keeps my mind sharp and I get so involved in the books I read.
LivreAmour217
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

On most days, I am able to squeeze in some time for reading. I carry around a purse that is big enough to accommodate several books, and I read whenever the opportunity presents itself.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”