two book lovers' perfect date

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Helga_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

two book lovers' perfect date

Post by Helga_ »

First, let me start by saying the title doesn't match my own experience AT ALL :?
When it comes down to being a book lover, I've always been single :mrgreen:

Fall is said to be the season for books in my country and I feel a bit jealous when I see couples enjoying book-related activities together (well, at least, as far as when it seems to be that way..Who knows, one of em is just trying to impress the other or whatever).

What would be the perfect date for two book lovers?
Or, if you've had your own experiences, do share them with the less fortunate people :)
juliamenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliamenez.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by juliamenez »

There are so many beautiful libraries around the world. For a simple date, going to a local library, picking up some books, and then a park or coffee shop to read them. For a fancier date, you could make a destination out of visiting beautiful libraries such as the ones in Sydney, Vancouver, and Copenhagen. Another date idea would be to visit a book signing by a favorite author.
Helga_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Helga_ »

juliamenez wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 16:20 There are so many beautiful libraries around the world. For a simple date, going to a local library, picking up some books, and then a park or coffee shop to read them. For a fancier date, you could make a destination out of visiting beautiful libraries such as the ones in Sydney, Vancouver, and Copenhagen. Another date idea would be to visit a book signing by a favorite author.
A simple date like that is fine with me :handgestures-thumbupleft: Doesn't cost much, can be done often, which will turn into your little ritual. On one of these dates, you make plans for a book-themed travel. *If only I could speak it into existence...*
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

Having coffee and then wandering around a bookstore. Then dinner
car-mbz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-car-mbz.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by car-mbz »

I think I would arrange for us to watch movie adaptations for our favorite books.
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." Margaret Fuller
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

Unfortunately, I've only been with one guy who read. We met online and we used to talk about books all the time. So the first time we met, we went to a cafe and then a bookstore, we browsed for a while and discussed the books. Then we gifted a book to each other and after sitting on the park bench for a while, we went home. I was in my late teens at the time. I'm married now and my husband doesn't read. 😭
Nasray22
Currently Reading: Raptor Canyon
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Nasray22 »

Yeah it's perfect but it should be strictly two book lovers not two book addicts!
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

I always saw a date between two book lovers like sitting down somewhere and passing the time reading. Sitting somewhere inside or outside while reading sounds lovely to me. People can just sit and relax each other without having to worry about conversion. Another one would be to gather up books/book based movies and talk about the difference between them. Planing a tour to a famous author house or/and going to a book store.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”