How much time do you spend reading each day?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Bombey Marjorie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bombey-marjorie.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: How much time do you spend reading each day?

Post by Bombey Marjorie »

I set my reading goal depending on my weekly Schedule. I have different time slots allocated for reading for each day of the week depending on the activities of that particular day.
My reading slots are usually between 30 minutes and 4 hours. Because I get to study on many other subject matters, I don't spend all four hours reading the same book. I read some for just 30 minutes, others for an hour and others for two, depending what I consider to be of greater priority for the day
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Four or five hours a day, I think, though it's not always books. I've been sick lately, though, so it's probably less than that. I wish it was more.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
ayomie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomie.html
Latest Review: Cancer on a Harley or is it? Lyme Disease by Lisa Heather Torbert

Post by ayomie »

I spend the major portion of my time each day reading.
“I have experienced many times
since then that I don’t always have
to prove I’m right to win at the
game of life."
Rob White
Ragnar Lothbrok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ragnar-lothbrok.html
Latest Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Post by Ragnar Lothbrok »

I try to read at least 1 hour everyday but it really depends on my mood. Sometimes I decide not to read at all. There's days when I read more than 2 hours. It also depends on the book I'm reading. When I'm reading a very interesting book, I try to devote even more time to it.
gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Usually, about an hour. Mostly, it's at night when I can't sleep. I read for a while, then start to feel sleepy again and rest some more.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

HollandBlue wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 10:36 The time I spend reading each day varies depending on what I'm doing and how interested I am in the book. I try to read for at least an hour a day and more whenever possible!
Actually I can't tell the exact amount I take to read per day but I utilise every opportunity I have to do so .Maybe I should check that out.
Nomadmed

Post by Nomadmed »

An hour a day. Best readings sunbathing by the sea.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

Minimum two hours. I cannot call it a day unless I have read for minimum of that time. On occasions, I have also read for 9-10 hours a day.
amal_786
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amal-786.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by amal_786 »

It really depends on how free I am on a given day, but I can read for about four hours or more in one sitting, which in retrospect may not be to great for my eyesight, though I am not completely sure.
Brandt
Currently Reading: Under the Dome
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandt.html
Latest Review: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs by Maya Elston

Post by Brandt »

I don't normally track how much time I have spent reading, but I will aim for at least a half-hour a day. That way I am consistently reading, but it is a very achievable goal that I can reach daily, even if it is just reading for a little bit before going to sleep.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
~Oscar Wilde
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

Depending on the book, I can devote up to 5 hours a day reading if I find it interesting. Overall, I try to read at least an hour a day.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

On any given day I can spend one hour to five hours reading, depending on how much I like the book.
~Roxie~
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

My love for books manifests itself in short but intense bursts. (Trust me, this sounded much better inside my head). I can go without reading anything for weeks and then spend an entire day or however long is needed to finish a book I pick up. So I don't really have a regular reading schedule unless it's for review purposes, in which case I try spending at least 4-5 hours a day on a book.
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

An hour approximately and a little more time on weekends. That's majorly why I'm always eagerly waiting for weekends.
gregs317

Post by gregs317 »

Usually about 1.5 - 2 hours at night. I like to read in bed, before I go to sleep. Lately tho, I've started reading more in the daytime because my current book keeps me wanting to read more and more.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”