Your emotions take over you while reading ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
burbnerd82
Currently Reading: The Club Dumas
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burbnerd82.html

Re: Your emotions take over you while reading ?

Post by burbnerd82 »

I am an emotional reader. I get so into the characters and what they are feeling. I have laughed and cried and been angry, depending on the story. I love getting wrapped up in a new world every time I read a new book.
Nikki_thornton
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nikki_thornton »

My emotions definitely take over when Im reading book. I feel like im part of it, right there. I see the story.
Tgoody53015
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6356">The Girl On The Train</a>
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tgoody53015.html
Latest Review: "Straight Ahead, In the Dark" by S. M. Bailey

Post by Tgoody53015 »

YES! Granted I got into reading in December, so I was pregnant while reading all the books I have read so far. There have been a few books that I have giggled, or had tears in my eyes. There was one book that I full on cried during the introduction. I love books with suspense that get my heart beating as if I was experiencing everything I am reading. Normally I am home while reading so I don't have to worry about my emotions too much, only once and a while I read at the bowling alley while my husband bowls. When I am not home I just try not to do anything that will embarrass me. :lol2:
Latest Review: "Straight Ahead, In the Dark" by S. M. Bailey
Wolf Reader

Post by Wolf Reader »

Yeah I laugh all the time. Around people or completely alone though the most embarrassing is when you start shouting at the book around people when it is dead silence. I do it all the time
aparsons
Bookshelf Size: 498
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aparsons.html
Latest Review: "A Mirror Among Shattered Glass (Book One of the Supernatural London Underground series)" by Romarin Demetri

Post by aparsons »

My sister and I will giggle over parts. I try to tone it down when I am in public, but I'll grin, and I will admit, I was crying in public after a certain passage. I'll call my husband sobbing over something or another, and he'll be very, stoic about the whole thing.
“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Latest Review: "A Mirror Among Shattered Glass (Book One of the Supernatural London Underground series)" by Romarin Demetri
Pinky-Cat
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinky-cat.html

Post by Pinky-Cat »

It's only when something is funny or embarrassing that makes me give away emotions too much!
Daphni
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=15864">A Game of Thrones</a>
Currently Reading: American Gods
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphni.html

Post by Daphni »

My emotions take over when I read. I squeal when much anticipated moments happen. I laugh at the funny ones and cry when a character I love dies (examples Fault in our stars and Allegiant) or when I finish a really good book. I also yell at characters for being stupid.

But, It's different when I'm in public if I can help it I try not to react as much. The only emotion I experience in public is laughter because I don't really see the issue in laughing in public, people do it all the time. If the people around you see you reading a book, I'm pretty sure they would assume you are laughing at something that happened in the book. Granted it won't be the same laugh I do when I'm home but I will still laugh. However, if you start yelling at a character in a book while around strangers then they could think you're crazy.
jott_2009
Currently Reading: Eating Bull
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jott-2009.html

Post by jott_2009 »

Yes! That's how I know I'm reading a good book, If I feel emotionally connected with the characters and feel their pain or can share in their laughter.
Slytherin_gurl
Favorite Book: I'll Point to Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slytherin-gurl.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Slytherin_gurl »

All my emotions usually come out when I am reading an emotional book. It is like you are in the book as the character, connected as one! :P
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

I absolutely do! The worst is when I'm reading a really funny part of a book and I'm in a library or somewhere that I have to be quiet. I have the worst time keeping the laughter in! Sad parts aren't as bad because I can cry quietly haha.
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
aparsons
Bookshelf Size: 498
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aparsons.html

Post by aparsons »

I always cry when Hester dies in the Amber Spyglass. I was at work reading (all the kids were in bed, I just had to make sure no one got up) and started sniffling like a lunatic. A coworker asked me what was wrong and I told her a rabbit had died. T.T
“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Metka
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 80">Mutant Message Down Under</a>
Currently Reading: Forever in your Embrace
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-metka.html

Post by Metka »

Yes, sometimes. If I really get into the happening. It makes me laugh or cry, no doubt about it. Emotions are a part of life and it's good to let them out of the closet. It's the best way to be.
ChanitaD81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanitad81.html

Post by ChanitaD81 »

Since I only read when I'm at home, it's okay to let loose when I need to. My family is used to me being crazy sometimes so they don't even pay any attention if I burst out laughing. It's so easy to get wrapped up in a good book, that you forget anyone else is around.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

There have been a few books that I find myself emotionally attached. At times I will laugh. Only a few books have brought out actual tears. Books are an art form and I believe art is meant to bring out our emotions.
_hbanga
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Perfect Chemistry</a>
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hbanga.html

Post by _hbanga »

My emotions definitely take over while I'm reading, I laugh a lot especially in Chick Lits, I love Sophie Kinsella she usually makes me laugh so hard. I even get emotional sometimes and shed a few tears, The Kite Runner has definitely made me cry, it was so sad and such a great book. I also cried reading The Tea Rose, the protagonist has suffered so much that it gets so overwhelming for the reader.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”