The Angel's game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Fleaaaaaa
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Angel's game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Post by Fleaaaaaa »

I'm just wondering if anyone here has read this book. I really enjoyed shadow of the wind, read that a few years ago and just finished reading The Angel's game yesterday and I thought it was great. Zafon has a great style of writing although I found the last scenes to be rather ambigious and a little too left open to give the book definate closure. I enjoyed it though still the same.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Fleaaaaaa wrote:I'm just wondering if anyone here has read this book. I really enjoyed shadow of the wind, read that a few years ago and just finished reading The Angel's game yesterday and I thought it was great. Zafon has a great style of writing although I found the last scenes to be rather ambigious and a little too left open to give the book definate closure. I enjoyed it though still the same.
Can you believe its right in front of me on my bottom shelf, i have it on my list but havent got around to it just yet, i got the book as a 'reward' for spending over 30pounds in Waterstones and it sounds right up my street so ill get back to you :D
You only live once.....so live!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Fleaaaaaa wrote:I'm just wondering if anyone here has read this book. I really enjoyed shadow of the wind, read that a few years ago and just finished reading The Angel's game yesterday and I thought it was great. Zafon has a great style of writing although I found the last scenes to be rather ambigious and a little too left open to give the book definate closure. I enjoyed it though still the same.
I loved both books .... fantastic writer IMO
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Ngdxxi

Post by Ngdxxi »

I am so in love with this book. One of my all time favorites. Captivating and my favorite use of imagery, by far. A lot to wrap your head around, especially since I have yet to read shadow of the wind. I quote this book whenever it relates. Sooooo many questions though!!! Probably would be answered when I finally read the others. 10/10 plot twist! :shock: 8) :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”