Do you ever look at your unread books and think...

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Tip the Bottle
Bookshelf Size: 0

Do you ever look at your unread books and think...

Post by Tip the Bottle »

Do you ever look at your current unread books and think that more books are coming out every week and how will you ever even remotely have the time to read all that you would like?

It's kinda like that Twilight Zone episode where the librarian doesn't have the time to read all he wants.

It's overwhelming sometimes.
"When the give you things, ask yourself why.
When you're grateful to them for giving you the things you should already have anyway, ask yourself why."
-Lady in Blue, rebel broadcast
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

I love it. They are like a group of friends waiting to party!!
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Tip the Bottle wrote:Do you ever look at your current unread books and think that more books are coming out every week and how will you ever even remotely have the time to read all that you would like?

It's kinda like that Twilight Zone episode where the librarian doesn't have the time to read all he wants.

Yes indeed. I do this all the time. I have TBR list of over 20 books. I will buy a book I really want to read and move it up the list. Some books in my list have been sitting there for a fair while. Most importantly "Count Zero" - William Gibson which is still in its plastic wrapping. I really want to read this soon. :)
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Tip the Bottle wrote:Do you ever look at your current unread books and think that more books are coming out every week and how will you ever even remotely have the time to read all that you would like?

Yep, i have a large TBR pile in front of me and i do often wonder not only how im going to get through it, but how do other people manage to whiz through their pile in no time and be up to date on all the latest authors and 'buzz' books. But i know that many people are like this and for the majority its not possible to catch up on every new release for every genre out there so i accept this and just get through my own pile in my own time. :D
You only live once.....so live!
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

All the time.
Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.
Woodland Nymph

Post by Woodland Nymph »

Haha, I feel like the little old man from that "Twilight Zone" episode all of the time. Stepping into a bookstore can actually be a tad overwhelming, because my list of books-to-read continues to grow constantly, and I'm left wondering: "I hope Heaven has a library; I will not be able to read all of these books in one life time".
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." - Oscar Wilde
TornUpReaper

Post by TornUpReaper »

Sometimes, but other times I feel like I don't have enough to read. I rush through books and then at the end I'm like "well what do I do now?"
~*~ Shay ~*~
Pecorino

Post by Pecorino »

Makes me realize that life is just too short. :lol: there's a huge pile of unread books in my room which I just bought on the spur of the moment. I seriously hope Heaven or Purgatory has a library as well.
BooksByEssie

Post by BooksByEssie »

I generally make a mental list of things I want to read, and when I finish with the books that I have, I can't remember what I wanted to read next. Its very frustrating.

Other times, I have so many things piled up to read that I feel like I'm drowning in the pages!
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Im with Tip the bottle, I have so many books I will never read them all before I check out of this life. I hope there is a reader's heaven. (or Hell)
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

Bighuey wrote:Im with Tip the bottle, I have so many books I will never read them all before I check out of this life. I hope there is a reader's heaven. (or Hell)
Readers hell? Hmm, that would definitely be a whole library of books with a door through which you could not get in, only look longingly through the bars... :twisted:
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

StephenKingman wrote:
Bighuey wrote:Im with Tip the bottle, I have so many books I will never read them all before I check out of this life. I hope there is a reader's heaven. (or Hell)
Readers hell? Hmm, that would definitely be a whole library of books with a door through which you could not get in, only look longingly through the bars... :twisted:
Stop guys .. don't be giving ideas to him/her upstairs :cry:
BookWorm617

Post by BookWorm617 »

Yes I do!! I have about 15 books now and I just ordered 13 more!! To much reading not enough time!!
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

Fran wrote:
StephenKingman wrote:
Her?? Wow. now THAT would be hell....
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

StephenKingman wrote:
Fran wrote:
StephenKingman wrote: Readers hell? Hmm, that would definitely be a whole library of books with a door through which you could not get in, only look longingly through the bars... :twisted:
Her?? Wow. now THAT would be hell....
Hell of a surprise for a lot of people :lol:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”