Do you ever look at your unread books and think...

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
hazelk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you ever look at your unread books and think...

Post by hazelk »

All the time, not a week goes by without me adding a book or two to my collection.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

Not really. I know I probably won't do all I want in life - that just can't be helped somewhat. You gotta pick and choose your battles.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
EMoffat
Currently Reading: Norse Mythology
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emoffat.html
Latest Review: A Life In Waiting by Katrina Benson

Post by EMoffat »

It drives me crazy!! So much I want to read and so little time... I agree, I hope there is a reader's Heaven so I can read for eternity! And take all my beautiful books with me!
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

Sometimes I actually get anxious because there are so many books on so many subjects that I want to read and know I'll never live long enough to get through a fraction of them! Then I just pick something out and start reading and my anxiety disappears.

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Shireks Nancy
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shireks-nancy.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt

Post by Shireks Nancy »

I always wish I could read them all,I consider all my books as humans with feelings, when I don't read a book for a long time, I think I hurt their feelings.
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt
Spontaneo
Favorite Book: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spontaneo.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Spontaneo »

I look at the unread books on my book shelf, such as The Fast Diet, The Maker's Diet, The Flat Belly Diet, etc. and think, "Hey, that diet just might be the one to do the trick"! Then, I stop and say, "Some day"...
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
KWKLEIN
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwklein.html

Post by KWKLEIN »

Tip the Bottle wrote:Do you ever look at your current unread books and think that more books are coming out every week and how will you ever even remotely have the time to read all that you would like?

It's kinda like that Twilight Zone episode where the librarian doesn't have the time to read all he wants.

It's overwhelming sometimes.
Yes, every time I come home with my arms full of books. Or, having just moved, look at the unpacked books that I have carted around because I wanted to read them someday. Or they belonged to my mom. Or they were favorites of mine growing up.

I'm not comfortable reading books on my computer, tablet, or phone. I like a real book. I like turning the pages, putting in a bookmark when something else beckons. I love the covers, especially of books for kids. (Speaking of books for kids, I just noticed the May Book of the Month on the side of my screen - Farmer Beau's Farm, by Kathleen Geiger. Adorable cover. I'll have to put it on my bookshelf.)

So, yes, I do feel overwhelmed by the books I see in front of me that I haven't read. I sometimes wish I could be like the people I see walking out of the library with just one book in their hands. That must be a real reader, I think to myself. Ironically, like the idea of the only non-drinkers being alcoholics, it seems to me the people who are most serious about reading focus on one book at a time. It doesn't make sense, I know, but it's how my mind works.
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

Yes. But I know I selected each book at a specific time for a specific reason.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Buchacha21
Currently Reading: China Virus
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buchacha21.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Buchacha21 »

All the time!!! It motivates me though - as soon as I think about how many books I haven’t yet read, it’s like, “okay then, let’s get started!”
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Yes I do most of the times, reading is fun but sometimes can be a challenge.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

I have soooooo many books that I need to read! Finding the time is always hard. If I could just sit and read all day, that would be the ultimate dream!
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I do that all the time. Then I'll get new ones from the library and feel bad for all the ones that are still not read on my shelf.
KatyJS
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 548">Black Privilege</a>
Currently Reading: 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katyjs.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by KatyJS »

Yes,
I am a book addict. I love the smell and feel off books. I wish I could read by osmosis, just hold the book and get all the information transferred.
I often give away books as gifts or take them to friends of the library ever if I haven't yet read them
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I think about this every single day. My to-read shelf on goodreads is so enormous that I'm genuinely worried I'll never read all the books on it. And frankly, it's probably true. You can't have 3000+ books while simultaneously adding more every day and get through it. And I can't bring myself to stop adding them because then I'll forget about all these amazing sounding books I want to read.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I would say my to-be-read pile and books that are waiting can seem really daunting and intimidating, but its also a relief having a book on standby or having the option to switch series or genre. There are countless books written everyday and as many ways to get them. Its always an adventure and the only limit is your imagination ( and possibly the size of your wallet and home haha)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”