which is your favorite reading method?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Woodland Nymph
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Woodland Nymph »

Paper, paper, paper. I'm way behind on the times when it comes to most technology; I've never even owned a smart-phone. E-books do not appeal to me in the slightest.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." - Oscar Wilde
Amyandmike81

Post by Amyandmike81 »

I enjoy reading in any method, but I feel that I can read quicker while reading on my Kindle. I enjoy laying in bed and reading, and I find that with a standard book I am constantly shifting and changing positions. With the Kindle I don't do that, and I can adjust the font size. I make it larger as the evening goes on because my eyes tire easily. =)
StitchMySmile
Favorite Author: Neal Stephenson
Favorite Book: Snow Crash
Currently Reading: Hammer and Anvil
fav_author_id: 9595

Post by StitchMySmile »

I will always prefer paper books. I don't have anything against e-readers, but if there were to be some global disaster and we all lost power I like to know my books would still be there.
TornUpReaper

Post by TornUpReaper »

Well, I have a Kindle, but nothing compares to the real books. The Kindle saves on money, so I enjoy that factor, but certain books I will always love in actual book form.
BooksByEssie

Post by BooksByEssie »

I'm not sure why so many people seem to be down on ereaders. I have a nook and a nookcolor and love them both. If you've never used an ereader, its hard to have a truly negative opinion. I find that living in a small condo with a husband and two children, space is really tight, so being able to store all of my books in one small place is great. And as I am reading a few different books at any given time, i never have to bring more than 1 "book" with me when I go out. Not to mention technology being so important, especially for our children, I'm glad my 2 year old knows how to use the nookcolor. I'm also posting this from my nookcolor. Very versatile product.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

BooksByEssie wrote:I'm not sure why so many people seem to be down on ereaders. I have a nook and a nookcolor and love them both. If you've never used an ereader, its hard to have a truly negative opinion. I find that living in a small condo with a husband and two children, space is really tight, so being able to store all of my books in one small place is great. And as I am reading a few different books at any given time, i never have to bring more than 1 "book" with me when I go out. Not to mention technology being so important, especially for our children, I'm glad my 2 year old knows how to use the nookcolor. I'm also posting this from my nookcolor. Very versatile product.
A 2 year old ... blimey :shock:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
BooksByEssie

Post by BooksByEssie »

Fran wrote:
BooksByEssie wrote:I'm not sure why so many people seem to be down on ereaders. I have a nook and a nookcolor and love them both. If you've never used an ereader, its hard to have a truly negative opinion. I find that living in a small condo with a husband and two children, space is really tight, so being able to store all of my books in one small place is great. And as I am reading a few different books at any given time, i never have to bring more than 1 "book" with me when I go out. Not to mention technology being so important, especially for our children, I'm glad my 2 year old knows how to use the nookcolor. I'm also posting this from my nookcolor. Very versatile product.
A 2 year old ... blimey :shock:
Yep, 2 years and 2 months old. She loves getting to read some of her stories on the nook. She knows which app to go to and which stories are hers and how and when to turn pages. Between my husband and me she has the best of both worlds, a love of books and technology (my husband is a computer programmer).
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

e reader - 20%

online - 10%

paper - 70%
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
GHood11391

Post by GHood11391 »

I prefer the traditional style of book. It just feels weird to me reading an E Book or anything other than a paper book.
LivreAmour217
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I prefer paper books, but I have a Kindle and I read with it frequently. I honestly don't like reading on my computer. I feel like I am stuck in one place as I read (I like to get up and move around, and I often pace while I read), plus after so long the light from the monitor starts to hurt my eyes.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Lisag545
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisag545.html

Post by Lisag545 »

When traveling or away from home, I use digital..my Kindle or my phone...but at home I still prefer an actual book to hold and flip pages.
Bluedonutcentral
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluedonutcentral.html

Post by Bluedonutcentral »

paperback is my favorite.
bluemel4
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

Physical books still are my favorite method of reading but I am starting to see the appeal of reading books with the Kindle app.
"Life is a journey, not a destination" --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Ayane101
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayane101.html

Post by Ayane101 »

I am not picky until you break down subjects. if it is for education purposes I would rather have the book in my hands. If it is just for lounge reading- I am okay with anything.

I have found that my oldest son reads more on the tablet than he does with books on hand.
KitCat9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitcat9.html

Post by KitCat9 »

I usually prefer paper or hardbacks.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”