Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
v i n
Favorite Book: Roadmap to the End of Days
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-i-n.html
Latest Review: Our pastor has gone mad again by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: New Forum: Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Post by v i n »

Reading book have been developed into a need for me in the recent days. I am glad for the view I have attained from the few book. Looking forward to more reading.
Ariko Stephen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ariko Stephen »

this is a great idea,i think now i will search for the book i want read and i request to start my thread
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I think that the idea of a read-along is a good Idea. But I am still a little bit unsure on how it completely works. If and when we begin a read along so we post it under this discussion tab? Or are we supposed to label and follow through with it using the new topic label?
Chelsea N. Hackett
Adegboye Rasaq

Post by Adegboye Rasaq »

this is indeed an interesting idea, it'll even make reading of book more fun to catch.
I'm really really exited.
sabwalsab

Post by sabwalsab »

Asavela wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 16:44 I want to read Barbra Streisand: On the Couch who wants to read with me.
I ,if you are ready I guess we start
Nonhlah

Post by Nonhlah »

Samsammie2001 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 01:55 I want read a story about love is there anyone who wants to join?
Yes i wanna read with you.
Page-turner

Post by Page-turner »

Samsammie2001 wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 01:55 I want read a story about love is there anyone who wants to join?
I want to read with you if you haven't alreadt started please
Asavela
Favorite Book: Island Games
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asavela.html
Latest Review: Barbra Streisand: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Asavela »

sabwalsab wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 17:23
Asavela wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 16:44 I want to read Barbra Streisand: On the Couch who wants to read with me.
I ,if you are ready I guess we start

Yes iam ready
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Gravy wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 06:17 What is a read-a-long?

Simply when two or more people read the same book, at the same time, and discuss it as they read.

This thread will allow you to look for interest in whatever book you want to have a read-a-long of, and (hopefully) find other members who want to read it along with you!

So post something along the lines of, "I want to read *blank*, is there anyone who'd like to read it with me?"

Once you have another person (or other people), schedule the date you want to start reading, and create your thread.

Just remember, these will be discussions of the entire book. There will be spoilers, so don't click on a random thread if you haven't read the book!

Please include the title and author when suggesting a book, so that other members can look the book up.

Only suggestions with the title and author will be added to the list.

*Members of the Review Team should note that if you are actively reviewing a book for the site, even if there is a read-a-long happening for it, you should not post to the thread/read the thread.

Books looking for interest
It by Stephen King

Books scheduled
I'm not seeing a new topic button under the read-a-long forum.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

I have already started on The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the fall of New York by Robert Caro. I would really love to read along with someone. It's quite a long book (almost 1400 pages long) and won t's author he Pullitzer in 1974. It's a work of non-fiction and an unauthorized biography of Robert Moses.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

kfwilson6 wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 15:20

Simply when two or more people read the same book, at the same time, and discuss it as they read.

This thread will allow you to look for interest in whatever book you want to have a read-a-long of, and (hopefully) find other members who want to read it along with you!

So post something along the lines of, "I want to read *blank*, is there anyone who'd like to read it with me?"

Once you have another person (or other people), schedule the date you want to start reading, and create your thread.

Just remember, these will be discussions of the entire book. There will be spoilers, so don't click on a random thread if you haven't read the book!

Please include the title and author when suggesting a book, so that other members can look the book up.

*Members of the Review Team should note that if you are actively reviewing a book for the site, even if there is a read-a-long happening for it, you should not post to the thread/read the thread.

It by Stephen King

Books scheduled
You should. Click on the forum name and then you will see it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

OK this is a positive development. Good one there!
Book lover26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover26.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Book lover26 »

Oh, this is a great idea! Scanning comments to see if theres anything i want to read along with before suggesting anything.
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

gali wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 22:57
kfwilson6 wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 15:20

It by Stephen King

Books scheduled
You should. Click on the forum name and then you will see it.
It should be right by, or above when I'm on my phone, the search this forum box. It is not. I'm not in this thread I'm actually out on the forum where it shows three announcements and no topics.
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

I would like to read The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler. Is there anyone who is also interested in reading this book.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”