Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Post by gali »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 21:36 This is such a fun idea. Are people currently doing this ? It would be great to discuss a book as reading with someone at the same time. Love this.
Yes, people are currently doing this. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 21:36 This is such a fun idea. Are people currently doing this ? It would be great to discuss a book as reading with someone at the same time. Love this.
Hi Suzer6440 xyz, I've done a few read-a-longs before. Tell us what kinds of books that you like to read. Are there any particular titles that you are interested in reading in the upcoming weeks or months?
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

@gali and @Gravy

Hi there! I'm back (hopefully)! Baby has taken up much of my time since last summer and I'm only now getting back to the swing of things (reading, cooking, life..). Once you guys are done with the series you are reading, I would love to do a read-a-long with the two of you!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 19:13 @gali and @Gravy

Hi there! I'm back (hopefully)! Baby has taken up much of my time since last summer and I'm only now getting back to the swing of things (reading, cooking, life..). Once you guys are done with the series you are reading, I would love to do a read-a-long with the two of you!
Great! It is nice having you back :)

We can start with Across the Green Grass Fields (Wayward Children #6) by Seanan McGuire. It just came out. We can take a break from the series and read it in between. :)

You can also read the series with us. We have just read the first four books which are relatively short. If you like to join and read them with us, we will wait for you before starting the fifth book. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 23:50

We can start with Across the Green Grass Fields (Wayward Children #6) by Seanan McGuire. It just came out. We can take a break from the series and read it in between. :)

You can also read the series with us. We have just read the first four books which are relatively short. If you like to join and read them with us, we will wait for you before starting the fifth book. :)
Awesome! I just requested the Across the Green Grass Fields e-book from my library and hopefully will have it soon. I'll let you know when I get it!

I do want to read the October Daye series, but I'm not sure how to access the books. I'm trying not to visit places if I don't have to and it looks like my library doesn't have the series in e-copies, just physical copies, so I'm not sure if I can join...
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 09:45

Awesome! I just requested the Across the Green Grass Fields e-book from my library and hopefully will have it soon. I'll let you know when I get it!

I do want to read the October Daye series, but I'm not sure how to access the books. I'm trying not to visit places if I don't have to and it looks like my library doesn't have the series in e-copies, just physical copies, so I'm not sure if I can join...
Great!

Your library doesn't do deliveries? Can't you borrow the ebooks from another library or access it via Libbi or overdrive?
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 09:51

Great!

Your library doesn't do deliveries? Can't you borrow the ebooks from another library or access it via Libbi or overdrive?
Ah, you're so smart. I was just looking at my library on Libby, not other libraries. I was able to find the first book in the series (e-book version) and I placed holds on the next few! I'm almost done with a book I'm reading now (about 90% done), then I'll start with the first one :D
Heidi

gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 10:07

Great!

Ah, you're so smart. I was just looking at my library on Libby, not other libraries. I was able to find the first book in the series (e-book version) and I placed holds on the next few! I'm almost done with a book I'm reading now (about 90% done), then I'll start with the first one :D
Great! We will wait for you to catch up. :D
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 10:11
hsimone wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 10:07

Great!

Great! We will wait for you to catch up. :D
Thank you! Can't wait :D
Heidi

gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Hi all, I will be starting " The Desolations of Devil''s Acre", at the end of February. This is book 6 in The "Miss Peregrine's Children" series, by Ransom Riggs.

If anyone here wants to read-a-long with me, let me know. Thanks
Debra Crawford
Favorite Book: This Girl
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Debra Crawford »

Would anyone like to begin a read-along for August-September? I am starting the Shannara Chronicles series now!. The first book is the Sworn of Shannara by Terry Brooks!!!
Crescent Gold
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Crescent Gold »

I think this will be a great idea. I will search for a book and look for a reading buddy.
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

Let me know when you have something for me.
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:
Tori_J
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Aprende ABC con los animales de Puerto Rico by Yeseira Caro

Post by Tori_J »

I would love to read sci-fi books.
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

This is a wonderful suggestion, especially to those who love to rub minds together. It is a welcoming idea. Keep it up.
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”