Do you collect books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
layla74
Bookshelf Size: 0

Do you collect books?

Post by layla74 »

Some of my friend like collecting books.Such as some world literature."Gone with the wind" "Litter Women" "The little Prince".They bought different versions of them for collecting.What about you? Are you collecting books? :roll:
Carusmm

Post by Carusmm »

I always keep the books of Philip K. Dick for myself that I buy and read. But as I have heard said generally of books, if you don't want to read a book, buy it.
Jp1978

Post by Jp1978 »

One copy is enough for me.
Carusmm

Post by Carusmm »

One copy is good enough for me too, one read is good enough. I keep Philip K's because they please me.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Thankfully I settle for one copy also ... otherwise I'd have to build an extension/s
The Ghostwriter

Post by The Ghostwriter »

One copy is enough for me. Although, I rarely get rid of a book once I have it. I guess I'm less of a collector, and more of a hoarder. haha.
Aspasia

Post by Aspasia »

I don't have the money to collect, nor do I really have any inclination to do so.
layla74

Post by layla74 »

My answer is the same as your guys.I also think one is enough.But my dear friend is not agree with me.He said he will keep on collecting the book until it is not published any other versions.
SloanePeterson

Post by SloanePeterson »

I don't collect hardcover books. But I keep every book I buy. I'll only get rid of it if I hate it.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

One copy is enough for me too, and only if I loved the book and there's a chance I will read it again. Since I read mostly e-books now, only if I really loved the book I will also buy the hard cover version to stand on my shelf.
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

I collect many first editions. My most favorite of my collection is a first edition, first printing Of Human Bondage by William Sommerset Maugham, but my husband has a collection of John Steinbeck that he prizes more.
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
gavinol

Post by gavinol »

I don't collect books. Of course I've read some classic books like "The little prince" or Jane Austen, but mostly at school or from library. I wouldn't buy books in different versions like the English version and German version. I don't need books twice. I just bought the book "Breaking Dawn" twice because of the cover :).
layla74

Post by layla74 »

gavinol wrote:I don't collect books. Of course I've read some classic books like "The little prince" or Jane Austen, but mostly at school or from library. I wouldn't buy books in different versions like the English version and German version. I don't need books twice. I just bought the book "Breaking Dawn" twice because of the cover :).
"The little prince" I like the book with Illustrations.It is beautiful.I collect sever.Just collect this one.
Tip the Bottle

Post by Tip the Bottle »

I can't say I collect but I will say that I accumulate books. There are few books that I own and will keep as long as my eyesight holds out. Otherwise the books I have are usually given away, I don't loan books, or donated to the veterans group. I like to believe that books I've owned will be better served if someone finds one I've donated and has as much enjoyment as it's given me or finds enjoyment in ones I didn't like.

Perhaps if money was never an issue I would invest in a brilliant collection of first runs.
Derrickdave_alvarez

Post by Derrickdave_alvarez »

I would want to collect technical books such as SAP, and other programming languages.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”