Read-Alongs/Buddy Reads/Co-Reads, anyone?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Are you interested in participating in a Read-Along/Buddy Read?

Yes
50%
No
6%
Maybe
44%

Total votes: 16

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Read-Alongs/Buddy Reads/Co-Reads, anyone?

Post by Gravy »

Are any of you lovely people interested in participating in this sort of thing?

(For those who don't know what they are, two or more people read the same book, at the same time, and discuss it.)

Opinions? Would you participate in one? Start one?
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Adeniyi2814
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adeniyi2814 »

:techie-studyingbrown: I will like to participate in one...
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

(Given how many people want to read certain books (The Memory Painter for instance), I would think this would be more popular. :lol: )

Anyone interested in forcing me to finally read IT?

gali

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 27 May 2018, 03:36 (Given how many people want to read certain books (The Memory Painter for instance), I would think this would be more popular. :lol: )

Maybe you should add a poll to your first post. :eusa-think:
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gravy

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 27 May 2018, 03:38
Gravy wrote: 27 May 2018, 03:36 (Given how many people want to read certain books (The Memory Painter for instance), I would think this would be more popular. :lol: )

Maybe you should add a poll to your first post. :eusa-think:
I should have done that first off.
I must be coffee deficient. :lol:

gali

Post by gali »

Voted yes! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I only ever tried to do that once with a friend. It didn't work out for me, since I prefer to experience the adventures of a book on my own first before sharing it with someone else. I'm fine with discussing it later, but simply don't like reading the same book with someone at the same time.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I think this could be fun! I usually talk about the books I read with my husband or friends, but my husband doesn't read a lot right now because the Navy demands pretty much all of his free time, and he doesn't read the same things I do (outside of Sci-Fi/Fantasy). This would be a great way to improve book review skills too, I think, because having different perspectives being discussed can help some think of things in a different light than they normally would.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
Kelsey anne
Currently Reading: Murder on the Orient Express
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Kelsey anne »

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I would be very interested in a reading buddy. I tend to read rather quickly because once I begin a good book I don't want to put it down until it is finished. I do read many different types of books from biographies to comics to love stories, thrillers and so on. Is there anyone else who is interested in a reading buddy? and if so what types of books are you interested in? :)
Kelsey anne

Post by Kelsey anne »

PlanetHauth wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 23:07 I think this could be fun! I usually talk about the books I read with my husband or friends, but my husband doesn't read a lot right now because the Navy demands pretty much all of his free time, and he doesn't read the same things I do (outside of Sci-Fi/Fantasy). This would be a great way to improve book review skills too, I think, because having different perspectives being discussed can help some think of things in a different light than they normally would.
would you be interested in co reading with me? are there any books that look interesting to you?
PlanetHauth

Post by PlanetHauth »

Kelsey anne wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 11:16
PlanetHauth wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 23:07 I think this could be fun! I usually talk about the books I read with my husband or friends, but my husband doesn't read a lot right now because the Navy demands pretty much all of his free time, and he doesn't read the same things I do (outside of Sci-Fi/Fantasy). This would be a great way to improve book review skills too, I think, because having different perspectives being discussed can help some think of things in a different light than they normally would.
would you be interested in co reading with me? are there any books that look interesting to you?
I would love to! I'll read almost anything, non-fiction not included. My favorite is Sci-Fi/Fantasy, closely followed by romance/erotica, but I love a good mystery or thriller too.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
Kelsey anne

Post by Kelsey anne »

PlanetHauth wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 01:07
I would love to! I'll read almost anything, non-fiction not included. My favorite is Sci-Fi/Fantasy, closely followed by romance/erotica, but I love a good mystery or thriller too.
great! I read everything :) I haven't read any good romance novels lately though. You can choose a book for us to begin reading together and if all goes well I will choose the next one :) I'm excited to begin co reading with you and it will be fun to compare our perspectives
Kelsey anne

Post by Kelsey anne »

perfect! you choose the first book for us to read together :) I am excited to begin co reading with you and it will be fun to compare our perspectives
PlanetHauth

Post by PlanetHauth »

Kelsey anne wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 01:32
PlanetHauth wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 01:07

great! I read everything :) I haven't read any good romance novels lately though. You can choose a book for us to begin reading together and if all goes well I will choose the next one :) I'm excited to begin co reading with you and it will be fun to compare our perspectives
Sounds good! I'll start looking for a book for us, then.
-Bilbo Baggins

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”