Have You Had Success With A Diet Book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Spontaneo
Favorite Book: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spontaneo.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Have You Had Success With A Diet Book?

Post by Spontaneo »

There are so many diet books out there. I recently went through my bookshelf and made up two tote bags of books to donate.

All of the diet books were duds except for one... Look Great Feel Great, by Joyce Meyer. That one is a keeper.

She doesn't preach in it. You are probably thinking that being she is a tele-evangelist that there would be some type of scam.

She simply says that if a person saw a run-down church, they would probably think about the pastor, huh?

One thing she stresses is to take water with you wherever you go. I have become a convert to water. I was a diet soda drinker and HATED water. I have come a long way.

There is one more diet book that is a winner if you just cannot stand water... The Ultimate Tea Diet, by Mark "Dr. Tea" Ukra. All you have to do is drink hot tea or iced tea all day. Of course, some form of activity too.

I hope these two diet books are helpful to you!

How about you? Any success with a diet book?
You Only Grow Old If You Want To
Snowhite189
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Snowhite189 »

I don't read diet books, i just go to my doctor and see what's the best diet for me, I'll just go on my way to exercise regularly, one needs to be patient to lose weight it will take one step at a time, what's written on diet books may not work to everyone this sometimes make harm than good so always consult your doctor first.
What goes around comes around
apwaldrop
Currently Reading: The Diary of a snoopy cat
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by apwaldrop »

I have not really read a lot of diet books but my grandmother is a huge fan of Joyce Meyers so I may have to pick up a copy of that book soon! I have read through a lot of cook books. The only diet specific one I read was actually a pamphlet for the 21 day fix and the diet itself just did not work for me. I found I was mostly making smoothies out of the things I was eating vegetable wise and that made it to where I was always hungry.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”