Which was the first book you have read?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Perrywinkle47
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

B-fly wrote:
Perrywinkle47 wrote:Wow, good to know that you started reading at a young age of six. I started reading only recently as a habit.
really? I started reading when I was 7. My mother made what she could to be sure I'll read a lot. Reading is important to her :)
Yeah! :) Well, that's amazing then. You know my mom always thought that my school work was too preoccupying anyway so she tried to keep me away from indulging in any other habits..
Traglee

Post by Traglee »

I read a lot of books but my first one is the Cyclops by Clive Cussler, it was awesome read...I recommend to read that book. It really a great book.
You can visit my site at BookCreak dot com for more book reviews.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Haven't heard of it. What is it about?
StonesQuest

Post by StonesQuest »

My grandmother would read to me every night before I went to bed. I looked forward to it as she read fairy tales and the original version of the Wizard of Oz. The first book I read that I loved was called: The Black Stallion by Water Farley.
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

I read so much when I was little that I don't even remember my very first book. I remember my first chapter book was The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. To this day I still love that book and I do hope that when I have kids they'll enjoy it as much as I did.
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Mairin wrote:I read so much when I was little that I don't even remember my very first book.
Impressive. I always wish if I had started earlier..
piratepenguin

Post by piratepenguin »

I'm pretty sure the first chapter book I read on my own Follow My Leader by James B. Garfield. I found it in my grandparent's attic and I read it several times throughout my childhood.
Carla Hurst

Post by Carla Hurst »

If I owned the Circus by Dr. Seuss...my Grandpa use to read it to me when I was very young...not sure if it was really reading or rote memorization back then...but it makes me smile to remember :)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

oloroso36 wrote:The first books I have strong memories of are the Laura Ingalls Wilder series, and the Borrowers series, by Mary Norton. Loved them.
I read the Little House books too, and Anne of Green Gables. My very first chapter book was Poppy and the outdoors cat.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

I read a lot of books as a child, I think 'Ade the naughty little boy' was the first and I read lots of Ladybird books too.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Henrytbab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henrytbab.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Henrytbab »

PhotonicGuy wrote: 19 Jul 2010, 07:30 One evening my son asked me which is the book I read for the first time in my life? And then I tried to answer him that question :). For you which was the first book you have read?
It's really difficult to remember the first book I read.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

The first book I remember reading clearly it's Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when I was seven. It was the one that got me into the habit of reading.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”

Jhumpa Lahiri
Amna Khalid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amna-khalid.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Amna Khalid »

I think 'The Fault in Our Stars by John Green' or 'The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak'.
Amna Khalid
Alexandur Gicov
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandur-gicov.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Alexandur Gicov »

That would be Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe.
Tori_J
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Aprende ABC con los animales de Puerto Rico by Yeseira Caro

Post by Tori_J »

I can't remember the first one, but the second was probably Oliver Twist.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”