Books that could have been written better

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
annahariet
Currently Reading: Fight Club
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annahariet.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Icon Books that could have been written better

Post by annahariet »

There are authors who can come up with compelling stories and ideas, but are unable to deliver these concepts effectively through their writing. For example, I think The Hunger Games is a very intriguing series, but I find the writing underwhelming at times. Sometimes I wonder if the books were intentionally written that way to make it more realistic. Given that the books were told through Katniss' perspective, it makes sense that the writing is simple because she was a teenager living in poverty. However, I still think that the books could have been more impactful had they been written in a stronger manner.

Another series of books that I think could have been written better is Legend by Marie Lu. The books raise very important points regarding society, capitalism, poverty, military, etc. But I find the narration very cheesy, especially the parts with romance involved, which made it hard for me to take the books seriously sometimes.

What do you think are books that could have been written better?

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”