The Da Vinci Code

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
C0ldf1re
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by C0ldf1re »

~Elle~ wrote:... Did not really like the movie...
Yes. The movie was an awful let-down!
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
PhotonicGuy

Post by PhotonicGuy »

Yes, you are right, StephenKingman. I must read it myself and then I will formulate an objective thought.
And I also think that Da Vinci Code was so widely read exactly because it has sparked some real controversy.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

PhotonicGuy wrote:...
And I also think that Da Vinci Code was so widely read exactly because it has sparked some real controversy.
I think that Court case in London was a "put up" job just to gain publicity!
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

C0ldf1re wrote:
PhotonicGuy wrote:...
I think that Court case in London was a "put up" job just to gain publicity!
Absolutely ... no such thing as bad publicity (we're so gullible are'nt we?)
Peddler

Post by Peddler »

I have read all of Dan Brown's books and would rank the Angles and Deamons a 4 with the Lost Symbol a 3. I read these books for what they are...fiction and a thriller... I don't try to consider any remote amout of truth is implied only the places.

I really feel Deception Point and Digital Fortress better books.

Thanks
PhotonicGuy

Post by PhotonicGuy »

C0ldf1re, I don't know what was with the Court Case in London? I didn't hear of it until now.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

PhotonicGuy wrote:C0ldf1re, I don't know what was with the Court Case in London? I didn't hear of it until now.
The authors of Holy Blood and Holy Grail sued Dan Brown for breach of copyright in the High Court, alleging he had stolen their plot. It was settled out of Court. I think it was a put-up job to get free publicity.
PhotonicGuy

Post by PhotonicGuy »

Thanks for explanations, C0ldf1re. I referred at the controversy which Da Vinci Code created as related to the theme itself and also at the controversy with the church. But now, I think that this incident too had its contribution to the book advertising.
redandyellow92

Post by redandyellow92 »

I own the book and have heard many mixed reviews regarding it, most of them not too positive. I may read it in the near future in order to develop my own opinion.
PhotonicGuy

Post by PhotonicGuy »

redandyellow92, do that and then I'll wait for your opinion regarding the book.
robinjackman

Post by robinjackman »

I heard that it is detective story.

drcsystems. com
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

robinjackman wrote:I heard that it is detective story...
Yes, there are several puzzles to solve. (The problem, from my point of view, is that some of the puzzles are rather strained than inspired!)
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I'm almost at the end of 'A Florentine Death' by Michele Giuttari and it's really addictive and way better than Da Vinci Code.

Wonder has anyone else read it?
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
PhotonicGuy

Post by PhotonicGuy »

No, I didn't read it. But what kind of book is this? Is it a detective story too? And what style does the author have? Unfortunately, I know nothing about this author.
oloroso36

Post by oloroso36 »

I enjoyed DaVinci Code but agree with most of you that it was over-hyped. I like it when a fiction book prompts me to get up and check the references. I looked at The Last Supper painting in a totally new light.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”