How Many Books is Everyone Reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Are you meeting your reading goals?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 124

bakimono13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bakimono13.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Re: How Many Books is Everyone Reading?

Post by bakimono13 »

I'm actually reading my first book choice. I'm currntly reading "When No oNe Else Believe". I'm on it's 35% of the book. I am planning to give a review to this book but I have to finish the first book I downloaded to do a review. Haha
Irishmom
Currently Reading: Heartaches 3
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irishmom.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Irishmom »

I aim for about one book a week. WIth online book review, amazon unlimited, etc. I can get books so quickly. That helps with having more time to read.
Ernie6988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernie6988.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Ernie6988 »

I have a hard time meeting my reading goals. I have a tendency to buy a book and then never get to read it because life happens. There is just not enough hours in the day for me. Hoping to change this.
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

I read around 4 to 5 books every month.
Kolig595
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kolig595.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Kolig595 »

When I start a book, I try to give myself about a week to finish it. However, if I am really sucked in, I end up finishing the book within a couple days. I try to shoot for a couple books a month, but am feeling more towards 4 a month.
BadEditions
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badeditions.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by BadEditions »

I'm sort of a crazy person, so I may read up to 3 books simultaneously.. I think it stems from me usually not having time to read so I jump from book to book taking bits of each (this is usually with non-fiction, though). The short answer is I read 3+ books a month depending on my schedule :D
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

I usually read 4-5 books a week. There's a graphic novel for an hour of visual pleasure, a book related to my job interests (art, antiques, and appraisal theory), one by the bedside, and one in my travel bag for those spare moments.
folkshot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-folkshot.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by folkshot »

ianbuchanan wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 20:23
While this may pale in comparison to your previous reading levels...I heard a very interesting statistic about a month ago, saying that for each minute you read a day, you will end up reading that many books per year! So, even 15 minutes a day will result in completing about 15 books per year. Something to ponder, at least! Are you a Kindle/e-book reader more so than a print book reader? Personally, I prefer print books, but haven't certainly began to look into e-readers!
I used to read only print books but accumulated hundreds of them over the years and simply ran out of space. I kept my favorites, sold or donated the rest and now I'm strictly a Kindle reader.
MarcyL43
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MarcyL43 »

I read 1 to 2 a week, but I read while watchingTV. Hubby likes some showsI don;t so I sit with him while he watches and read instead.
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

EricaWilson wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 09:10 I usually read about 2 books a week, although this number increases if I get really attached to a certain author or series.
Impressive! What do you primarily like to read?
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

Gravy wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 22:16
ianbuchanan wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 01:08
Gravy wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 06:00

Yes, 4 others.

Hyperspace by Michio Kaku
The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
And a reread of the 4th Harry Potter

All of which have clicked, except perhaps The Gargoyle, though I'm determined to give it a good try.
I wish I could blame my books, but it's likely just my brain telling me I need a break. :lol:
Thanks for sharing! I'll keep those in mind! What's been your favorite so far?
Oh dear... :lol:
I'm no good at favorites.

Hyperspace is a non-fiction, physics book, though by one of my favorite people.
And I always enjoy Harry Potter.
Neverwhere is right up my alley, being at least part portal fantasy.

All very enjoyable, in their own way. :tiphat:
Harry Potter, as crazy as it may seem, is a series I've yet to read! I know I probably will someday just because it is so iconic.
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

Graceia wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 15:12 I have two books going now
Awesome! What are you reading at the moment?
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

Sakilunamermaid wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 16:36 At one point I thought that you could never have too many books, I have a lot of physical books as well as ebooks.
There are so many places to get free ebooks. I look at the deals offered by bookbub, but there is also ebooksoda, the fussy librarian, ereader news today, instafreebie, bookfunnel, or just looking up kindle and nook books.
The ability to access books to fulfill any readers interest is endless.
I'm feeling less motivation toward reading lately, its surely not for a lack of variety or options. Hope to get back into reading regularly soon.
So many great resources, thanks for sharing! Do you find any problems storing all of your physical books? I know for some, the space they take up can be burdensome at times. I can certainly relate to lacking motivation from time to time...what's causing your currently lacking desire to read?
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

bakimono13 wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 18:36 I'm actually reading my first book choice. I'm currntly reading "When No oNe Else Believe". I'm on it's 35% of the book. I am planning to give a review to this book but I have to finish the first book I downloaded to do a review. Haha
Thanks for sharing! Is this an e-book? Where did you get it from and what's it about?
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

Irishmom wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 19:20 I aim for about one book a week. WIth online book review, amazon unlimited, etc. I can get books so quickly. That helps with having more time to read.
Like you, my aim is about 1 book per week. Do you typically get print books or e-books? I'm still going strong with print books, but a change may be in my future.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”