Autographed Copies

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Autographed Copies

Post by Clinical1 »

I have or I should say had 3 books that were signed by the author. One I purchased at a book reading in Colonial Williamsburg about pirate ships off the coast of Virginia. I loaned it to a coworker who "packed it up" when she was moving, put it in storage and I never got it back.
One was a book on a fungal plague, supposedly a prediction of a true pandemic in the making. I heard the author would be local, so I took the book to be signed. It was so difficult to read I donated to my college microbiology department.
The third is most precious and will never leave my bookshelf. It is called My mommy wears a wig. It is the story of the authors struggle to tell her kids she has cancer. It is a true story by my friend, Amy Link. And the book is a testament to her strength as a breast cancer survivor.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I have several books signed by the late, great, WG Sebald - I was privileged to know him as a tutor at the University of East Anglia when I was a student there. I also have some books signed by the local writer Margaret Dickinson.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

That's really great! I think I have one book that was autographed by the author himself and I won that as a prize in a competition. It's titled What Young India Wants by Chetan Bhagat.
โ€œ...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.โ€
โ€• Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Kieran_Obrien
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-obrien.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kieran_Obrien »

Got a copy of An Abundence of Katherines by John Green signed! Even wrote DFTBA in it ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

I have many copies of children's books with autographs. Estonia is a quite small country, so if you really really want an autograph from someone, odds are you can get it. Some pretty good children's authors went to the same school as I did and now my kid goes there as well, and they sometimes come to class (teacher arranges it usually) and talk about writing in general and answer questions kids have about their books and of course sign autographs. :)
brunettebiblio
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunettebiblio.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by brunettebiblio »

I have a ton of signed books! Authors include Matthew Quick, Dennis Lehane, Kerri Maniscalco, V.E. Schwab, Abigail Breslin, Lauren Oliver, and more! I definitely cherish my signed book collection
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

I only have one, but it's signed by one of my all time favorite authors, Christopher Moore, when I met him years ago. Some authors will sign extras to be mailed out if you preorder, but for me it's about getting to meet the author so the autograph means nothing if I don't have a memory to go with it. I'm kind of sad I didn't know the author of one of my textbooks was doing a talk until the day of and I didn't have time to go home and grab it. I'm still hoping to get a second autographed book if James Rollins ever does a signing in the same state as me.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I have a good many signed books, the last of which is "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I got to see her speak at an event where she signed my book and I love her even more now!

Return to โ€œGeneral Book & Reading Discussionโ€