Book Podcasts! Recommendations and Discussion

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
HogSandwich
Favorite Author: China Mieville
Currently Reading: Persuasion
Bookshelf Size: 26
fav_author_id: 6004

Icon Book Podcasts! Recommendations and Discussion

Post by HogSandwich »

Apologies if I couldn't find a similar thread.

I love book podcasts, but I don't often find really good ones. Most are a bit stilted and unprofessional (and a bit overly polite for my tastes...) so I figured this would be a good place to suggest podcasts that work for you.

I have two main ones:

So Many Damn Books
Two New Yorkers read very smart books and discuss them, usually with a guest author in tow. They also assemble some crazy original cocktails themed to match the discussed book. It's mostly a interview show now: They've recently interviewed Rachael Khong, E. Lockhart and Amelia Gray, and I always come away totally ready to read the authors most recent work.

I Don't Even Own A Television
This is funny and filthy and I love it. Two american dudes read a book that they know they will hate and proceed to tear it to pieces. Personal favourites include the Ready Player One episode and the Jonathon Livingston Seagull episode. Extra points for fun, punky custom music.

I'd love any suggestions if you have them? My appetite for book podcasts is endless.
Carmel Bachelor
Currently Reading: Their Eyes were watching God
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmel-bachelor.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Carmel Bachelor »

The only one I've given a go is The Banging Book Club podcast, it's an all female podcast that mostly look at novels that have a feminist/gender theme to it. The girls are really funny/smart (Hannah Witton, my fave), but I only watch it occasionally, I've never gotten super into it and I'm still trying to find a book podcast that I love.

However, the 'I Don't Even Own A Television' podcast sounds hilarious, so definitely going to give that a chance, thank you!
There is no friend as loyal as a book - Ernest Hemingway

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”