T.V. Shows Or Movies you want to be a book.

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Re: T.V. Shows Or Movies you want to be a book.

Post by SPasciuti »

Mjgarrison wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 13:30
SPasciuti wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 13:18 I actually don't think I'd want this. I've always noticed that when something starts as a movie or show and then is developed into a book, the books are pretty subpar. It's pretty rare that it turns out a good book, in my experience. Though, I guess there's opportunity for me to be pleasantly surprised in the future.
I never thought about that, I just keep thinking some shows o watch would be great with more in depth knowledge. Like what the characters are thinking.
Oh, I definitely agree. Character thoughts are always one of the things that shows and movies have a harder time portraying. Ironically I had a conversation about this last night. I'm certainly not opposed to people writing books about a show, but I think the process of how it happens is usually what turns me off to it. I'm fairly certain in the instances that books are created from shows, a ghost writer is hired to complete the work.

And I guess, in a sense, the characters feel less real in the transition because the author didn't have a full grasp of the characters themselves and in the end it just didn't match for me. At least, that's what has happened with the ones I've read. I think if the actual writers for the show were to be the ones writing the book it might be different, but from my understanding that is a very rare occurrence.
pink boy
Currently Reading: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by pink boy »

I want the Pet Sematary movie to be remade. It's my favorite book, but I think the film is just terrible. It has potential to be so much better with the right crew and with modern-day special effects.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I didn't even know that was a book. I hate when they make the movie way worse than the book.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”