Book-related Coincidences

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Book-related Coincidences

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Not long ago someone took me out to lunch in a pub called 'The Miller's Daughter', and not long after, I found a (very good) novel of that name. Any other nice coincidences?
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I met my husband because he was reading my favorite book (Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray). What luck he was reading it then and there which caused a conversation!
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Camille Turner wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 12:23 I met my husband because he was reading my favorite book (Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray). What luck he was reading it then and there which caused a conversation!
That's the book that Summer was reading in 500 Days of Summer when she met her husband. Awesome! Glad the book brought you together.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

Sakilunamermaid wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 01:55
Camille Turner wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 12:23 I met my husband because he was reading my favorite book (Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray). What luck he was reading it then and there which caused a conversation!
That's the book that Summer was reading in 500 Days of Summer when she met her husband. Awesome! Glad the book brought you together.
Oh my gosh, I didn't know that! I will have to go back and watch the film -- that's so cool. Thank you! :)
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

The book I was reading when I met my husband was the syllabus for Freshman English. HS period 2.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Nothing of this much significance ever happened to me, but sometimes I have stumbled upon a book and within a short while that very book has been recommended to me by someone.The reverse of this has also happened-I am thinking about buying/reading a particular book and someone comes along holding that very book. Often I have started reading more than one books and found some common theme in those, even if one was a fiction and the other a non fiction. Don't know if these count!
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Okay I haven't experienced any of these beautiful coincidences, I know if I really want to read a book, I almost always get it either someone lends me the very book I want to read or I stumble upon :lol: a copy somehow.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”