What is the most books you bought in one shopping trip?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What is the most books you bought in one shopping trip?

Post by Mailis »

Went to visit my friend who lives in England, came back with a large suitcase full of books. Also had a shoulder bag and that was full of books too. I didn't count them but my guess is that the number was quite high.
kristinajoy07
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kristinajoy07 »

On amazon when I get a holiday gift card? Up to fifty. In a chain bookstore like Barnes and Noble? Maybe one. Most often none. In a used bookstore? Usually 10+ If there is a reasonable price even if I am reading three books at a time I am uncontrollable!
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

In a retail store, probably 5 and only that many because I had a giftcard to help with the cost. Thrift stores? Close to 20 since they were all under $1 so I just snapped up anything that looked interesting or was by someone I'd been meaning to try anyway.
RLDunnAuthor
Currently Reading: Heartaches
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by RLDunnAuthor »

Shopping for family around Christmas--twenty
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

At a regular book store I would say 4 books for myself. Every year our city library sells off copies of books that they have purged for whatever reason and my record number was 43 books. At $5 per bag I look forward to these sales every year. Let’s hope I can break my record this year !

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”