What is the most books you bought in one shopping trip?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

What is the most books you bought in one shopping trip?

Post by ebethina »

What is the most amount of books you bought in one shopping trip? I think for me it was somewhere between 10-20 and last most of the winter, but that is at a yearly book sale that sells books incredibly cheap.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Probably 3 or 4 in a regular bookshop or online equivalent, but often over 10 in charity shops.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Not sure if this includes an online 'shopping trip', but I just purchased 2 books in a single online transaction. I don't generally purchase more than 2 at a time.

I like to browse used book sales but don't usually find many books that peak my interest.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

If it include online than its 25-30 books

If you mean in a bookstore than its between 5 and 10
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I think close to ten.
Lildivadesi
Currently Reading: The Seven Deadly Sins of Psychology
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lildivadesi.html
Latest Review: "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Post by Lildivadesi »

Probably around 15 books in one shopping trip. It was a used book store and so they were all probably a dollar or two and I just saw a bunch of titles that sounded interesting or that I had been wanting so I just went ahead and got them while I was there
Latest Review: "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley
Javier Campos
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2696">One Hundred Years of Solitude</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javier-campos.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Javier Campos »

12, and it was very hard to go back home with all of them.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I think around 10 usually only one, maybe two depending on how much I have to spend.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

I don't buy books. I usually go for freebies. 😉
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I usually limit myself to four books to purchase at one time. If I didn't put a limit I would buy the whole bookstore 😁.
Atheinne
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Atheinne »

The most I had were two books. I couldn't afford for more 😂
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I went into a Mardens once (it's kind of like a thrift shop except the items they sell are typically the copies that didn't sell in store or were left over products when all the hype about them has passed) and came out with 37 books. The prices in Mardens are very low and so I was buying books that were all under $5, some were 0.50. A great majority of those books weren't great, but there were a few gems in the midst. I was young back then and would buy nearly any book I could get my hands on that sounded good. XD
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Going somewhere and buying physical books I have bought around 30. On a good day I can buy 60+ ebooks in a day. So it really depends on if I know what books I own, what deals I hear about, what authors I find, and how much I can spend.
AlainaElric
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by AlainaElric »

Actually that wasn't so long ago. My husband, kids, brother and I were on vacation to a little resort town a few hours from home in the mountains. Of course every time we go, I would stop and get something from this book store, and it had so much to offer! I actually spent hours in there in this last trip, and so the next day my husband already had a budget figured out.
I had a set budget for $150, and so I bought the Harry Potter series, It by Stephen King (for my husband), Aesop's Fables, a King Arthur book, Pandora by Anne Rice, Hans Christian Anderson Tales, Grimm's Fairy Tales, a Jules Verne collection book for my brother, and a book of 50 Horror Stories (H.P lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, ect.). It cost well over $150, mind you, but the store owner was extremely nice, and knew the dilemma of trying to narrow down that list of books. She took 40% off of Pandora because she hadn't moved it for so long, and then she took another percentage off since I was getting so many, which put me UNDER budget... I was so tempted to buy more, naturally, but this was the most I've bought before and I was so giddy. We spent the ride throughout the area after reading Aespo's Fables (an interest in mine that only grew because of the TDC TZ universe) and the evening (as the town mostly shuts down by 5:30pm) reading from the Horror Story collection.
Many of these I bought in hopes that my children would enjoy them. From the store, in my prior trip I actually got laminated folders that had American History, Anatomy, and Japanese language on them, and a book called The Alchemyst (The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott and they had a Harry Potter magnet that I keep on my fridge.

As for for the library on my computer...
I have the Harry Potter series (again), The Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce, The Study series by Maria V. Snyder, the Little house on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder, about 10 history books, a vocal instruction book, more Fairy Tale books, the A Distant Soil series by Colleen Doran, a baby name book, Hagakure, Jacqueline Carey books, Japanese Fairy Tales, James Patterson (Maximum ride) series, The Lost Years of Merlin series by T.A. Barron (11 books involved so far), Myths of the Apache, Serenity-Firefly Comics, Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare, Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece, My Name is Rapunzel, World religions (14 books), and I suppose I didn't get ALL of them at once but most of them.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

In a bookshop, it was three. An e-book is a different story. I know I found more than one good deal online (buy more get a discount). But I honestly don't remember how many were the most.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”