Most Annoying Book-Related Experience

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Most Annoying Book-Related Experience

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Being somewhat financially challenged, I generally get my books second-hand, but a few days back I actually coughed up to get one new, even though it wasn't a new title (if you follow me). Then that very afternoon I saw relevant book for 50p in a library sale! What are your most annoying experiences with regard to books?
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I buy a lot of books online, but the last time I did that they came very worn and looked nothing like the picture.
Divya Tamilselvan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-t.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B086KCQX95

Post by Divya Tamilselvan »

Everytime I buy a book, my father will be like, have you read all those books that you bought. And when I am reading a book, he will be like what's written on the book tell me, are you even reading the book or are you just starting at it. These are the most annoying book related experience I had and I think I will be having it till I get married.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

When I see I have to buy them online. The pics usually does not fit what I get.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”