Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Hannahhhh
Currently Reading: Allegiant
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Hannahhhh »

I love reading because reading takes me to another world. It makes me forget of how cruel my reality is. It's the way how I escape my problems believe it or not.
Okorie ikechukwu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Okorie ikechukwu »

it makes me feel happy and have more understanding
BrianGitash+5000

Post by BrianGitash+5000 »

Knowledge is power...the more you read the more you get exposed and the more you will stand before great people to share whatever knowledge you have....every great person in the earth is a reader
az+12_4

Post by az+12_4 »

i like reading book,first its a good time pass ur time is not wasted instead ur taken to other world.u get to know the perspective of other person and sometime that change ur way of seeing life,give u positive approach of seeing life.u get to know new vocabulary.so , reading is hobby which comes with lot of advantage and inspiration.😊
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

Reading expands my mind. It helps me understand things from different perspectives. It takes me to lands I could never travel to, draws curtains to times historical or futuristic, so that I can experience life in those times while I am right here in the present. Most of all, it builds my character within. I love the world of books.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

I read because it brings clarity to my thoughts and it also has a meditative effect on our mind. But above all I like reading that's why I read.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I like reading because of the stories or lessons that the author wants to impart to his readers. The stories might be similar to others or the lessons of the story is a common knowledge but the way the story unfolds is sometimes what makes me want to read it.
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
catherinecsoto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherinecsoto.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by catherinecsoto »

Reading made me see things in a different way. You don’t just read about people, you become them sometimes. You feel for them. The more diverse a book is, the more emotions it invokes in me. The more I am changed.
CrimsonPrincess24
Currently Reading: success bound
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by CrimsonPrincess24 »

I like reading because it lets me escape reality and it enables me to travel while just sitting in a room. It makes my imagination run wild and helps me to see a whole new world that is foreign to me
Penbreath09
Currently Reading: The Da Vinci Code
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Penbreath09 »

The mysteries of life are like pages of a book to a wise man. Books are the lanterns to dark days to come. If I were you, I'd gather enough oils for my lamp because dark nights draw near and only the prepared shall be saved.

Books contain the keys to issues battling the society, keys which can be used to unlock many mysteries. :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan »

I like reading because it is like opening a door to a different part of the world.

I have this thing about wondering how other people are thinking, and books provide me different perspectives.

I like mysteries and historical fiction, particularly because it's like going back in time and seeing how certain events affect other events.
I am back! 4 months after radiation treatments and still cancer-free!
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

To learn new facts. To see other peoples' visions and ideas. To travel when I can't. To see images I never imagined. To be part of a family I never had. To hear voices I wouldn't normally hear.
Amberrmoody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Amberrmoody »

Reading is like an escape from reality while a movie sets a picture of the people or places when you read a book you set the picture :techie-studyinggray:
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Reading is a tool that expands life in all dimensions. It adds perspective to the experiences I have already witnessed, and offers me an in-depth look into lives and places I might have never been able to know if it were not for reading. I believe reading is a necessity and a right rather than a luxury.
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

So many reasons. Where do I start? 8-)

1. Characters can look exactly the way you want.
2. You don't have to deal with bad acting that makes you want to yell at the screen.
3. A movie can last only one and a half hour or two at most. A book can take you into their world for hours.
4. Book series. The majority of films do not have a sequel because they're too costly and there isn't enough demand for one. So you only get to live in their world for however long the film is. But most books go on!
5. It makes you look smart!
6. Because books aren't time-limited, they are able to show us more of the characters and their lives. Most films skip over important moments because they can't fit it into the movie. It really destroys the story.
7. Just looking at books make me smile :)
8. Holding a book is a great conversation starter.
9. Most people who read books are more empathetic. Probably because they've seen through many 'eyes'.
10. It builds your imagination and helps you become more creative!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”