Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
FDKangwamu
Currently Reading: How To Talk With Spirits: Séances • Mediums • Ghost Hunts
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fdkangwamu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by FDKangwamu »

I like reading because it helps to broaden my perspective and encounter different people's views and thoughts.
besides, learning all the new words and stuff about ancient history in the books about medieval times and the past is really cool as well :)
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Doaa Wael »

Because I have 1 literal life and 1 universe but with reading, i can have as many as I want. Not only that but I think since we learn from our experiences, it works the same way when we read others' experiences, imagine all the lessons we can witness by watching numerous different personalities reacting to thousands of situation, that can definitely teach u something.
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

I enjoy reading because it makes me exposed to other cultures and I learn new things any time I read something new.
Randera2017
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Randera2017 »

I am Russian, so I like to read Russian books. I like to read Russian classics at first. Lev Tolstoy, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Alexander Solzhenitsyn and others. And of course Russian poetry: Alexander Pushkin, Lermontov.
So read a Soviet authors: Sholohov, Bulgakov, e.t.c.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

Being able to serve as lives in one life span is absolutely amazing. I love the fact that when I read I can become the main character and live their experience.
Ronald S Benak
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ronald S Benak »

I live alone(as a human) with one dog and 3 cats on an island off the East coast of Panama where the major language is Spanish which is not my forte. So reading is my social companion and takes me to places I may or may not have been to and situations I may or may not have experienced before.

There is no substitution for experience which is a form of education and books are a form of experience.
prenaramesh
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prenaramesh.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose

Post by prenaramesh »

Reading is my way of travelling to new places, eating new foods, learning about new cultures, understanding different people.
It is my window to the world.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

I enjoy reading because it opens my mind on several issues of life.
Sarah Immanuel
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 160819">My Trip To Adele</a>
Currently Reading: The House of Trysts
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Sarah Immanuel »

Reading inspires me, it relieves me of stress and so much more.
BelindaC
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belindac.html

Post by BelindaC »

I love reading because it allows me to escape to other places and other worlds. It allows me to be other people and experience new things. One of my favourite quotes about reading is from A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin and says “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one”. I think this quote really sums up why reading is so amazing to me. As someone who grew up very poor and experienced a lot of negative things, reading was one way to get away from everything and do things that would have been otherwise impossible.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I live being able to exist in another life, another place, another time, if only for a spell. I am a huge history buff, so historical fiction is my go-to genre. I love that it allows me to travel back in time.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

My reasons for reading have changed over the years. These days I read primarily to learn, and so I also crave things that are silly and lighthearted, as much of the nonfiction stuff I read is so heavy. It used to be I read to escape and not deal with life (not the best reason), but also because it brings so much joy. And then I read because I loved learning about places I had never been, or time periods I would never live in, or personalities I would never meet. Reading has broadened my life. And I always have a couple dozen books going. :)
Ubheeram Nina
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 77

Post by Ubheeram Nina »

A book is the best friend of the wise. Every answer to every problem you have ever faced is in print. So get never disappointed. There is always a solution. Keeping reading.
Andriy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Andriy »

I like read, because my mind is the best producer!
Any film can't show me picture such bright like it's appear in my head!
Ailyanna_Lia
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ailyanna_Lia »

I love reading because it allows me to travel in different places, while I was reading it feels like I was there. But I love those mystery and fantasy books it excite me so much that every time I read it I can't get enough. Reading to me is like talking to someone and traveling

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”