Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
steven3791888
Currently Reading: The 'Naturals: Awakening: Episodes 17-20
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by steven3791888 »

Reading can let me get a lot of know knowledge ,make me different , and sometimes when I am not happy, it can meke me happy。
Robert Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-potter.html
Latest Review: Stir of Embers by Christopher Javier Bustamante

Post by Robert Potter »

I love the detailed worlds that authors create and bring to life. Also, I love reading about people's thoughts. It's like having the power to read a mind that has been solely created out of thin air. Amazing!
:tiphat:

Where you can also find me: https://robertthewriter.substack.com
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I love reading because it relaxes me. It is an escape method since my husband's death. I usually spend all day and most of the evening reading.
Quast
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Quast »

Religious books. Mystery and Fiction stories. Children's book.
Reading for me is like sealing. Sky above you, sea around you, wind pushing you. All can kill or save you.
Why I read ? because reading is the key to open life doors. It teaches you things that you will not find it in school books.
Adu Boahene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adu-boahene.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Adu Boahene »

I love to read because life can be boring at times. You know doing the same routine everyday can be exhausting. What other way to relieve oneself than getting an interesting book to read. I get to be someone else for a few hours and experience things that might never even happen in life. I also read to broaden my horizon and at least have information on places of now and or before. And in the world of books everything is possible. One can be anything and everything 😊.
Sandtiger42

Post by Sandtiger42 »

I love reading because it is a way to learn about different people's lives, and because reading transports me to a whole new world that I can explore and think about. When I finish a book, the characters stick with me for a while, and I think about their life choices and use them in my own life. Reading is a way that I can get out of this chaotic world and fly free, watching somebody else's life.
Maconstewart
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading: Black Beach
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maconstewart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maconstewart »

My Dad always said that as long as you can read, there is nothing you can't know. And if you were to ask my older daughter if she knows how to do something, her answer is either yes, or not yet.

I love that books give me information about topics I am interested in. I love that books can take me anywhere and any time I want to go. I love that books open my mind to ideas that may differ from my opinions, but they give me insights in that other point of view. I love that books open my emotions, they let me feel. And finally, I love how books smell! New ones, old ones, all of them! There is nothing like it.
Lisa

My greatest accomplishment is that I raised two daughters that love to read.
:techie-reference: :techie-reference:
_Bokeh
Favorite Book: The King of May
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bokeh.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by _Bokeh »

I read to learn and constantly grow. I also like to hear stories from others' perspectives and escape from the noise and into a dreamy fantasy world where nothing matters, I'm just immersed into the storyline.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Captive
Bookshelf Size: 608
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I read. Books. I read books. Actually, I'm addicted to reading books. Since I was a youngster hiding under the bedcovers with a flashlight feasting on Welles or Verne, I've read books. I'm not much of a magazine reader, or a newspaper reader, or a blog reader. I read books. To escape. To learn. To hope. To understand.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

By reading, you are actually getting into someone's head—by permission, of course! You get to see how other people think differently than you, how they feel; how they use words to describe those feelings and thoughts. And most of all, you get to relate. In this world of seven billion people, we tend to feel alone and sometimes think we are weird when we feel certain way. So reading I am actually getting accompanied by clever minds to make me feel welcome. That's why I love reading and appreciate books.
hazelk

Post by hazelk »

I enjoy ready, it gets my mind off things that may be bugging me.
big_mama_archie
Currently Reading: ...on your way home...Do This
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by big_mama_archie »

I love books. They always provide me different realities to discover. They are an inexhaustible source of imagination
Nehal Mitna
Favorite Book: The Champagne Tales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nehal-mitna.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nehal Mitna »

To be in a different realm along with the writers' imagination of the story and the characters he has built to bring it all together.
77way
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by 77way »

I love reading because reading more books will get more science, favours, hobby, increasing my skill and experience, more knowledge, having know another culture, smart & bright, more ideas, opinion, having fun & enjoying story, known better about anything to creates, losing stress, etc.
ema1027
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ema1027 »

I have always loved reading from a very early age I think one of the reasons I like to read is that it feeds the imagination. There is nothing better than getting lost in a great book.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”