Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Sonymack
Currently Reading: Praesidium
Bookshelf Size: 23

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Sonymack »

I like reading because it makes me relax and takes me to a different world.
Nia Nuru
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nia-nuru.html
Latest Review: Vandella by M. Ch. Landa

Post by Nia Nuru »

I read mainly for 2 reasons.

1. Being to escape reality and go somewhere I have never been through the pages of a novel.

2. To gain knowledge of new found things.
Charlotte Marie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlotte-marie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Charlotte Marie »

I like reading because it brings me peace and makes me calm. When I was going through depression, reading was my only source of peace and happiness.
Fawmi FJumana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

I love reading as it brings me great adventures through the words and imagination. I love reading about things I've never seen or even things out of this world. Reading also brings me peace after an exhausting day.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I like reading because it makes me calm and relaxed. Besides, it adds to my knowledge. I like to know the mindset of the author too, in that sense, maybe I can apply to myself what tips they share that applies to my situation.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

Being able to fall into someone else's imagined world and experience poignant, funny, extraordinary events as if you were there yourself is something immensely powerful. I love the reward you get from exploring new world and sharing those experiences with countless others. Reading has been a major part of my life since childhood for this reason.
Linus Ann
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linus-ann.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Linus Ann »

First I liked reading because it provided an escape, then because of all the knowledge hidden in books. Now I like reading because why not?!
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

I love reading because it has helped me to learn, relearn, and unlearn a lot of things.

Reading is my coping mechanism whenever I feel numb and nothing seems to make sense.
Hannah Jones 8
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Cruising Through The Teens, Easier Than It Seems
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-jones-8.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Hannah Jones 8 »

My reasons for reading are probably similar to others’.
1. I read to escape and enter a new world, requiring me to engage and challenge my imagination in some cases.
2. To listen to others that have different experiences and points of view than me, this helps me to exercise empathy, respect whilst listening and learning from another perspective.
3. Gaming knowledge from those that are experts in their fields.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

I read for a lot of reasons, to while away time, to review, sometimes for enjoyment. But most time to know the feelings of others. The last part is the best part for me though. The world of books is so wide that I just want to get lost there.
Stacey Harkins 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacey-harkins-1.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Stacey Harkins 1 »

Why do I love reading? Well, there are quite a few reasons why I love to read so much. I love the way that I can see a whole new world through someone else's words. But the main reason that I cannot go even one day without my kindle in hand with a book opened is because I can escape from this hell I call a life. I dont exactly have the best life, honestly I am constantly worrying about whether today will be the day I become homeless...I work at a rundown motel and live there too. And the owners are not nice people. So being able to escape into my books is the only thing keeping me from doing something I would regret. Books save my life every single day. Thank you to all the authors out there that write the stories that keep so many people from harming themselves every single day! :techie-studyingbrown: :roll:
Chi som
Favorite Book: Wild World
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-som.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: Epub

Post by Chi som »

I love reading cause it helps my me and my my mind escape from reality especially when I'm having a stressful day
iriavp549
Currently Reading: Father's Gold Secret
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by iriavp549 »

I read to teach myself new subjects. It gives me something to talk about. I also need to be reading more fiction. When my chronic illnesses get difficult to deal with, at least I know I can read my way through life. I'm a writer, and we writers must read to keep up with everything anyway.
Wisely Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Wisely Time »

I like it for the escape it provides. No matter what problems there are in the world or my life, I can pick up a book and disappear. Plus, any time I meet a woman who reads (one of the sexiest things a woman can do), I know I'll get along with her. When you meet someone who shares your love of reading, you always know you'll have something in common.
Gianlubodai
Favorite Author: Heather Matousch
Currently Reading: Passenger contact for hysterical subconscious
Bookshelf Size: 5
fav_author_id: 219317

Post by Gianlubodai »

a poetic phrase needs no explanation, only one's own inspiration will lead to understanding. So people have to read. So, people can dream. With realism situations...gianlubodai

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”