Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Miercoles »

Reading has taken me to new places to which I could not travel, educated and inspired me, made me laugh, cry and wonder. I am curious about people, places, new and imagined things, and the world around me. Reading gets me there, and then I can share my thoughts and knowledge with others.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I learn a lot of stuff through books, and it makes me realize a lot of stuff about life, reflect in life.
Joak25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Joak25 »

Well, its form of learning for me and it helps enhance how I see life and how I approach things
mani_123
Currently Reading: The Mystery Of Flight 2222
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by mani_123 »

I like reading because when I start reading a book, I start living in a whole new world where the characters of the books are alive and I am with them. I am experiencing the same things that the characters from the books are experiencing. I start living their life. It is a beautiful experience. Imagining the things happening while you read, makes reading way more exciting. I specially love thriller and mystery genres because they always keep me hooked up till the very end and it becomes impossible to leave it halfway. I experience the same thrill reading a book which the characters from the book experience. This is why I love reading books.
Europeandescent1
Favorite Book: How to win friends and influence people
Currently Reading: The Coronation (Erast Fandorin Mysteries, #7)
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Europeandescent1 »

Reading gives me perspective on how people think. It allows me to compare my experiences with others. It opens a broader view on life and learning. It gives me access to information and points of view that I can consider at my own pace.

Janna Yeshanova
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

I think reading is like exercise for the brain. It helps me stay cerebrally fit.

Also, it's a nice escape from the real world whenever I need it.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Europeandescent1

Yes, sure! Absolutely. There are many reasons for reading. Thank you for your message! Janna
Jayson john
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jayson john »

I like reading because it brought me to another world where I discover new perspectives to wonder. A quest for a treasure that is worthy to pursuit as it adds value to man. Reading is full of emotions( to be amaze, to wonder, inspire, terrify, excitement to learn) Reading for me is an adventure.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

I have always loved reading; I think I inherited a love of books from my Mom.
Also, when I was in 1st grade, I was an advanced reader and I can remember my teacher telling a few of us to come with her. We went into a room with the sun pouring in through the windows (probably the school library). The room was filled with books in shelves on all the walls, and she said to all of us, "You can pick out any book that you want." Although I don't remember what book I chose; I remember feeling thrilled! I've always enjoyed reading because you can escape through books, and learn new things through them at the same time.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Europeandescent1

I need to follow this example: books - first, clothes is the second, and no money for food left! Thankfully, the books are cheaper now than then. :) Thanks for sharing. Janna Yeshanova
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I love reading because to be able to explore & feel what a character is feeling is the best. Reading is an escape where you get to explore a different world and expand your imagination. If a story is good you can be pulled into that character(s) so that when something happens you can feel as deeply and know what they’re going through. Books feel like they can be brought to life.
Amyb77
Favorite Book: Meditations to the other side
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Amyb77 »

I like reading books about spiritual awakening and healing, mysteries, historical, and combinations of these general's together.
Amyb77
Favorite Book: Meditations to the other side
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Amyb77 »

I have always been in my own little imagined world, why not read what other worlds books can show me.
Bushra Nasim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bushra-nasim.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Bushra Nasim »

I LOVE reading books because books aren't toxic like many people are. When you are depressed, they won't mock you, or annoy you more, or judge you, instead they would just let you relax and escape from the bitter reality. In my opinion, it's better to befriend good books because they are the most loyal friends one could ever have. :D
rainydaysc64
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 834
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rainydaysc64.html
Latest Review: Isabella's Painting by Ellen Butler
Reading Device: B00OZTU156

Post by rainydaysc64 »

I love reading because it allows me to escape reality for a little while and opens up my imagination. I also feel like it introduces me to adventure in the form of worlds completely different from our own with unlimited possibilities. I also love it because some of the characters in the stories I read I can relate to on both a personal and emotional level. So that allows me to get more into a story so I can find out what happens to that particular character. Its just a whole other world entirely and I love every second I'm immersed in it.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a book."
- J.K. Rowling

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”