Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
elderwand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 565

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by elderwand »

I love the amazing stories in books and forming an emotional connection to a character, even if they are fictional.
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

elderwand wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 00:12 I love the amazing stories in books and forming an emotional connection to a character, even if they are fictional.
I am glad you mentioned the emotional connection. If I don't feel it, I'm not going to care near as much what happens to a particular character.
Sh3rlockian
Currently Reading: The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Sh3rlockian »

Reading is my favorite hobby. It is something that has always been just for me. It's what relaxes me and brings me a lot of joy! Plus, it's cheaper than any travel agent lol
Erin91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Erin91 »

I love to read because it allows me to relax and have no expectations, just pick a book, read it, and find a new adventure... there will never be a day where I wouldn't want to read. I think of reading as more of a vacation than escape, and I never want to come back until the very end, and even then I hate that it has to
Townsend2316
Currently Reading: The Devil's Bones
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-townsend2316.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by Townsend2316 »

I actually struggled learning to read in school among other things. My Mom pulled me out of public school in 1st grade and began teaching me at home. She quickly figured out how to help me learn and within a couple weeks I was reading, and haven't looked back since. Because of her I've been a possibly obsessive reader. I would read the day away in my room getting lost between the pages, being absorbed into the world the story lived in. A good book should grab the reader and make them feel like they are a part of it and envoke imagination and thought. Reading opens world's on so many levels. No matter the subject, reading has so many benefits and can never be a waste of time. It may be the cliche answer but that is why I love reading. And thanks to my mothers patience and my family's life-long love of books, my life will always be enriched because of them.
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

I can escape into a different realm, and explore different worlds. Wish this could happen in real life, one minute you are reading a book, next, you are wherever your book takes you...
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
chewy4uto
Currently Reading: Betrayal of Justice
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chewy4uto.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by chewy4uto »

I enjoy reading because I like being able to get lost in someone else's world. I think books open up a lot more entertaining avenues then the television does.
When I was a child I was diagnosed with dyslexia. I hated to read most of my childhood and into my adult years. It was painful for me. However, after giving birth to my first child I fell in love with reading. I was determined that they would not have a fear of books as I did growing up. The more I practiced the easier it got and now both of my grown children are readers. And both have graduated from college.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

Reading was always my escape as a child. My parents argued...a lot, but I could block it out with music and books. I've always been a writer as well, and the more you read the more you write.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Sandra K Pearson
Currently Reading: The Pygmy Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-k-pearson.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Post by Sandra K Pearson »

I love the escape from the real world. Its interesting to see into the imaginations of others.
lilac_coquelicot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by lilac_coquelicot »

I like reading because its my habit.I enjoy reading good books.Reading gives confidence to me.I feel my self active while reading.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I love reading because it enables me to escape into a world that may not be possible or understand something from another’s perspective. It provides me with the opportunity to learn and keep an open mind, as I explore other people’s perspectives and times. It creates an opportunity to explore the lives of others in a risk free but exhilarating way.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I love to read because I find it relaxing. There is nothing I enjoy more that sitting outside in Nature- on our deck or in our front porch -and reading a great book. Also, I love that it takes me to places I've never been and will probably never visit. And I always learn something new.
Laura3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura3.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Laura3 »

It occupies my mind when I don't know what to do with myself.
Mariugonza
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mariugonza »

I cannot tell exactly why I love to read, but I always liked it. Ever since I can remember, I recall myself holding a book, they are just so embedded in my life and my personality. Books are just a part of me
rickilucy09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by rickilucy09 »

I like reading because reading helps transport me to another world. I like to use my imagination and learn new things.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”