Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
BNazareno
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
fav_author_id: 2909

Icon Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by BNazareno »

I like reading because it can make you travel without interacting with other people (traveling through imaginations).
morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by morenikeji100 »

Why do I like reading, Obviously I like reading because,
1. I learn new things: New role, Different culture, Different way of life, Manner of speaking and responding to issues, Manner of approaching things in an exclusive way.
2. Gain more knowledge in various field: In technology, Science, Commercial aspect etc.
3. Its improve my faculty of thinking: OK like guess excellently about the outcome of an event.
4. Assist in improving my vocabulary aspect: I always Note new words and their meaning, various ways they can be used in a sentences.
5. Its improve my spoken & Written English: That's because, English isn't my first language.
6. Its improve my reading skill: Reading speed, Accuracy, clue, quick understanding etc.
7. Its make me get into the role spiritually: Am always eager to known what the outcome will be.
8. Obviously reading lead me here: Here in onlinebookclub, And am excited to be in your midst.
Reading have really helped me a lot, And Reading is FUN!.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

It takes me to places I have no opportunity to go.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

I really just love jumping into a story and getting to meet a whole set of characters and learn about their journeys. It's cool to read non fiction and think about real life events and to read fiction and relate it to life or see how different it is from real life and to find the little hidden messages
Old Reb
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Old Reb »

Since I'm a big historical fiction and "alternate history" scifi buff, I like reading because it's like time travel without leaving your easy chair! One day I'm with the Confederate army in the Wilderness, the next I'm a Roman centurion in Britain, then an English archer at Agincourt, etc.
wootang123
Favorite Book: The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, Book #1)
Currently Reading: Words of Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by wootang123 »

I like reading because I feel as if the action of reading keeps my mind active. This was definitely the case when working on my ACT. During the reading sections, I found that I would struggle a lot with the comprehension of the passages, especially those texts they would find from some book from way back to the 1800's. I began to read The Stormlight Archive and after completing about a quarter of the book. I found out that my comprehension was much better when taking the reading section. I continue now to this day reading because I feel that it keeps my brain active for when I need to focus.
Uche Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-balogun.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Uche Balogun »

I like reading, love it, really, because it allows me go places without moving my feet. For me, reading breaks the boundaries of time and space.
Makena Mugendi
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makena-mugendi.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Makena Mugendi »

I love reading because it opens you to a new world completely different from your own. Whether futuristic, historical or current, books are a window into the heart of creativity.
Reading calms me down or cheers me up.
Jarrell

Post by Jarrell »

I like reading because when you read something it tells a story, I rather read something then to hear it out loud because I will understand better while reading and will be more focused.I believe that reading keeps you focused and you can learn new things while reading.
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

To keep me engaged.
To relax my mind may be after a long day.
As an entertaining tool especially the romance genre.
Gray-cee
Currently Reading: The Zachary Blake Legal Thriller Series
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Gray-cee »

Reading transports me to different places, time periods and life experiences. It helps me meet and interact with the authors and gain their perspective on certain topics. It improves my perception of life as a whole and strengthens my philosophy. It also helps to improve my vocabulary. All in all, reading makes me a better person.
Aishat Rabiu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishat-rabiu.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Aishat Rabiu »

Tracey Neal wrote: 21 Mar 2008, 09:24 Why do I love reading?? Let me count thy ways... :) Sometimes its for knowledge and insight..wisdom. To keep myself informed. Curiosity. And then there are the times (for the most part), when I can take myself to another place..somewhere in time..or just here..in the present..I can become those characters that I love..I can fall in love (without getting my heart actually broken)..go on grand adventures..solve a mystery..anything! And I never have to leave my comfort of my home if I wish...I simply open a book :)
I totally agree with you. Reading is a seat adventure for me. It's just like watching a movie but this time, it's all happening in your head instead of watching.
I also read to gain ideas about different circumstances, places and things. It gives free access to some information I never dreamed of getting.
Taurus_27496
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taurus-27496.html
Latest Review: The Bronze Bear by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Taurus_27496 »

I love to read because it takes me to a whole new world. It helps me to escape the worries of reality and is kind of like a stress buster.
Jesscar6
Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscar6.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jesscar6 »

I love reading because it gives you a glimpse into other people's imaginations.
Imaginations are a wonderful thing. There's no rules or regulations on what you can come up with.

Reading can also bring you into another world, like your living there yourself, if it's written well.
Vanessa_nicole23

Post by Vanessa_nicole23 »

It takes you to another place and into a new world with new perspectives and situations you would otherwise not know about.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”