Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
jovisun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovisun.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by jovisun »

Basically, I read to learn new things which In turn will help me to approach things in new way.
BookishCoffeeBlog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcoffeeblog.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by BookishCoffeeBlog »

I love to read because it allows me to venture to distant and wonderful places without having to leave the comfort of my own home. I am a major homebody and I hate to travel. Reading lets me step outside my bubble, if only for a few hours. I also believe that people have stories to tell and it is important for someone to listen. I enjoy listening to these voices and see what their views are about the world. People can change society by using their voice and I appreciate that authors do this every day. Finally, I love to learn new things and reading allows me to do this through the stories and characters.
Dusamae
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dusamae.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Dusamae »

I love to read because I can travel many places from the comfort of my own home. I love it when the author gives enough detail to make you feel like you are right there with the characters.
sbenniche94
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sbenniche94 »

I enjoy looking at things from a different perspective and reading lets me do that through all the different characters and story lines I go through. It's also a way in which I can learn about so many different places and topics, or just a form of escapism I can dip in and out of whenever I feel like. And of course, I love it when the author has written something so eloquently that it stays with me for days (or even longer), and the vivid imagery they can create with words.
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Because it's like living in someone else's imagination and exploring it with the author. Also, it drives my own inspiration and makes me connect with my feelings and emotions.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Jessicamg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Jessicamg »

The reason I like to read is to keep my brain going. I love to see how it can play out and witch way it can go. I love reading to my kids.
Cdeutsch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdeutsch.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Cdeutsch »

I love reading because books absorb me. When I read, especially a really good story, I'm fully engaged to the point that I won't hear my name being called or notice what's happening in the room. I like that sense of being transported.
sonia27

Post by sonia27 »

i really love reading because of my hungry for knowledge.
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

I love being able to experience things in life, and reading will constantly allow you to live different lives and experience different things without leaving the comfort of your sofa.
padnar
Currently Reading: Blue Skies

Post by padnar »

I love reading books I am taken by authors to different countries , social set up, different culture. I love Christian romance especially as love is the most pivotal thing in the world . The world can be conquered by love .
Kirbylini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirbylini.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Kirbylini »

It feels like meditating to me. It makes me feel centered and at peace and also relieves stress and helps relax (usually, some books do the opposite). It's also fun to talk to other people about the book, I just wish more of my friends would read.
selena0698
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by selena0698 »

I love reading book because it helps me self-controlled. Also I learn many things and knowledge in book. It's useful.
Chanel_Paris12345

Post by Chanel_Paris12345 »

I like reading because it helps me relax when I’m having a stressful day or just want to get out of my head for a little bit.
Moonlight91
Currently Reading: Serial K Returns
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Moonlight91 »

Sometimes I prefer reading books because you can create to scenes in your head - you can choose how the characters and sceneries look. I have the feeling I actively add something to the book/story others can't. :wink2:
Dan_A
Currently Reading: Be strong
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-a.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dan_A »

I like reading because it helps me to escape to another world in the case of fiction. With books you can be whatever you like.
I love putting myself in the shoes of the characters in the books.
I Read also for knowledge. As my mother tongue is not English, I read to acquire vocabulary.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”