Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Hussainsudheer3700
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Hussainsudheer3700 »

Why do I read:
Because by reading I can control my anger my sad and my mom tells that if I read I will know more about world But first Of all I think that it was just a madness if this century if we read books than what about the technology. But in lockdown I started 5o read book it make me more confidence in life give more and more knowledge about love. job family like more if I didn't think that I small book can give as this much of satisfaction.
Aishwarya KG
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Currently Reading: How to Relax
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishwarya-kg.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Aishwarya KG »

To begin with it's very relaxing. You can sit down at a quiet place and just forget about the world
around you for a while. After just a little while of reading I've got my strength up to take care of everything. It's also a great way to calm down before going to bed such a way you would have a peaceful mindset. But I'd say a huge no to Horror stories before bed. If you know, you know.
Yusuf11
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Yusuf11 »

I like reading because:
It is a healthy way of having fun and passing time.
It makes me smarter and good at decision making
It improves my language and fluency
It makes me discover and learn new things
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

Reading takes me to another dimension. It's something i can do because i love spending time by myself. Reading also makes me happy.
mansi_160
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by mansi_160 »

I like reading because when I'm reading, I'm away from the harsh reality of the world and in my own space.
Reading helps me understand people I have never met and places I have never visited. I get to see the world from different point if views.
Reading is one of my most favourite hobby.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It is true, there are so many reasons why reading is essential. It is also a great opportunity to visit worlds that only exist in the imagination of another.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Abdullahi A 2
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Abdullahi A 2 »

The major reasons why I enjoins reading includes
(1)Learning:Reading helps me learns things I knows not
(2)Entertainment:Novels that consist of high level of drama or comedy can make me forget the sorrows of life.
And lots more.
zayyyna
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zayyyna.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Post by zayyyna »

it makes me feel comfortabel as i am an introvert so i love to be in my bad and a book is like meditation for me to keep my mind in sound
mansi_160
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by mansi_160 »

Very true entertainment is one of the things we get while reading and it's a great joy.
megha_singh30

Post by megha_singh30 »

Before answering this I want to state that I don't like reading, reading is what I love. If I would have given a choice to do only one thing in life, reading it would have been. There are so many reasons why I love reading. I will state few of them-
1. It helps me to live so many lives in one life itself.
2. It helps me to escape from the daily chaos, it gives me a sense of security and comfort.
3. Reading liberates you as an individual you start seeing the world from a different perspective.
4. It builds you as a person 💚.
Miracle_Tessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-tessy.html
Latest Review: Street Sweeper by Paul Drewitt

Post by Miracle_Tessy »

I love reading because it makes me happy. It makes me content with my world. It takes my mind off problems too. I can't imagine my life without reading really. It's a beautiful gift from God
Caleb Fx
Favorite Author: Dave Gordon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caleb-fx.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
fav_author_id: 217569

Post by Caleb Fx »

I like reading because I have found it fun and at the same time, it is educative. l like acquiring more information and through reading I am able to do that
Sri Lakshmi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sri-lakshmi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sri Lakshmi »

I have always thought reading is a beautiful yet knowledgeable way to escape reality. As you read, you slowly build a character in your mind that reflects the characteristics of people you love (imaginary or not). i have always felt reading helps in the way one thinks and views the world. It's not a hobby or a passion, but a way of life.
Natalia Nazeem
Favorite Book: The Amulet of Samarkand
Currently Reading: We are Volhuire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-nazeem.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Natalia Nazeem »

My dad loved reading, so he instilled this hobby in me when I was pretty young - I really think a part of it is genetic (my dad, brother and I are all avid readers), but I also love to read because I get to escape to a new world, or see the real world through a new perspective, or learn about things that I will never come across in my lifetime. I read for all these reasons, and I also read to get a sense of peace, of perspective, of inspiration, of warmth, and a thousand other feelings.
Apeksha Pant
Currently Reading:

Post by Apeksha Pant »

It helps me imagine a whole new world , in a way I like . Every book is a new life adventure that end with teaching something about LIfe

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”