Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by Jeyran Main »

I have this belief that if I read more then I will get smarter. Although, the thought is very backdated and may be untrue. I still do feel like in conversations with others, I still have more to offer.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Pinkheart
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Pinkheart »

Wow, reading has a lot of benefits, but I love reading because it's fun! I am able to picture things straight from my imagination and look at things from a whole new perspective, while building my knowledge at the same time :D
It's also interesting to see how others think, by reading their work.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I like reading because it opens up new worlds for me. Dick Francis brought me to the racecourses in England. John Grisham had me in the crowded courtrooms witnessing controversial trials. J.K. Rowling saw me making potions under the nose of Professor Snape. The list is endless. Fascinating!
blacksand22
Currently Reading: Dead Souls
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by blacksand22 »

Reading is important because how would you communicate if you don't know how to read.
lindsycummins
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by lindsycummins »

Reference books. not interested in fiction.
fidelarmus
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by fidelarmus »

Scott wrote:We all like reading. In fact, most of us would probably say that we love reading.

Why do you like it so much? What is it about reading that attracts you to it?

I think I like reading because it allows me to hear from people who have something important to say. You can read from the best thinkers no matter where they are or even when. I'm amazed by the fact that I can go to the book store and buy hours of reading material written by someone who lived hundreds or even thousands of years ago.

What about you?
Bible tasks those of the faith that they'd move unto such vein where every man finds truth. Clearly explicit about man's native estate, having fallen away with sin. God, yet sent the fulfilled promise and made salvation manifest.

Other than study scriptural validation also try to boost skills. If it's of an apologetic opportunity that aids one's mutual affinity... Books allow me to enter into the mind of my peers and gauge each noded reality flutter.
Denv12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Denv12 »

I like reading because it gives me a chance to learn new skills/more sills and gain advice on any subject to be wiser for it.Books offer knowledge.We gain that knowledge through reading.You can read in the privacy of your own home and take your time.If its a book that requires you to answer questions you can do so at your own pace. I enjoy reading.Its very therapeutic.
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

I like reading because knowledge is power. When one is not informed he or she is deformed. Reading also keeps my brain active
joshmanzano
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfender.html
Latest Review: "Don't Let It Show" by Randy Boucher

Post by joshmanzano »

One of the main reasons I like to read is because of the feeling. Whenever I read, I feel like I'm not at earth anymore. I feel like the author brings me to different kinds of places, which provides an escape from the daily hassles of life. Which is probably why I feel sad whenever I finish a really good book.
Latest Review: "Don't Let It Show" by Randy Boucher
Gigi4ever

Post by Gigi4ever »

I like reading the type of story that makes you grieve when its over that is why i love sieres because i hate letting go. If the characters are likeable and relatable I become invested lol . Anne Rice's the vampire Chronicles did this for me and any book written by Kristen Ashley always always has me almost get tears when ends. :reading-3: :reading-3:
Suzzete
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzzete.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by Suzzete »

One, its a whole new world to explore...today I am in an ancient world, yesterday I was in the future, perhaps tomorrow i will be in the present living with the characters in the book i am reading....two I loovvee learning new things and authors' minds are the best places to do so....and books leave me breathless :reading-6 :techie-studyingbrown: :
AriyaAyesh
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariyaayesh.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by AriyaAyesh »

I like to learn new things, I also like to explore new concepts and ideas I come over in books. I do not know how common that is but that is me.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I actually just made a post about this on my blog. There are so many reasons: escapism, relaxation, knowledge etc...

However my main reason is because I feel that I find myself in books or I better understand myself. While I read I am exposed to circumstances I wouldn't normally see and I think about what I would do in those circumstances. I see how I react emotionally to the situation created in each book. In other words, I am discovering myself through someone else's words and I think that is pretty powerful.
Victor Rose
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)

Post by Victor Rose »

I don't, at least not until I find the right book.

I read for the same reason I go to movies, watch the TV, read a manga, attend the opera or the theater. I love stories no matter the format, as long as they are unique. Books just happen to be the best place to find those unique and interesting stories.
Alhen James
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6028">The Darkest Hour</a>
Currently Reading: Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 136

Post by Alhen James »

I love to read. Reading gives me freedom. When I read, I get to go inside the book, to a place where everything and anything is a possibility.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”