How often do you re-read books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
icandoit
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by icandoit »

I do not usually read books 2 only if i missed parts to it and have no idea what is it about :shock:
Journey

Post by Journey »

I have re-read a handful of books. I have my favorites that I go back to from time to time, but mostly I think there are so many books out there that why shoud you re-read one over and over when a new favorite is waiting for you at the bookstore?? (Not that I ever get rid of the books I have read. I do like knowing they are there for me if ever I want to take that adventure again.)
zattiegirl

Post by zattiegirl »

I have re-read the Harry Potter series so many times, I am always the go-to person for my friends if they have a question :wink: I re-read books a lot, but usually it's only if I enjoyed the story before. Otherwise, i get rid of the book or put it on my shelf and forget about it. :?
Couch Potato

Post by Couch Potato »

It depends on the book, of course, however usually once every few years I will read a book. I have books on my shelves that I have had for 20-30 years and keep them because -- "one day" - I plan on rereading them.

Only two books have I re-read in recent times with in a month: One was The Road by Cormac McCarthy and the second one was Cincinnatus: The Secret Plot to Save America by Rusty McClure.
31w30

Post by 31w30 »

I will re-read books as many as five times from time to time depending on the information given. :D
manicrabbit

Post by manicrabbit »

I re-read Philosophical books quite a lot, especially when I don't understand them the first time around. I also re-read Harry Potter and Little Women, just because I love them.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

It depends very much on the book. If i love it, i have been known to reread it again in the future but i would not reread a book straight away, more likely to wait a year or so before i reread it. I am more prone to rereading parts of my favorite books rather than the entire book, which would be laborious.
Eric McClean

Post by Eric McClean »

I think re -reading just a part which you find intresting could be a timepass.
best4buys

Post by best4buys »

I often re-read a book whenever I find it to be appealing and those which I can relate to.
DazzleKitty

Post by DazzleKitty »

I don't really re-read all that much . I always like to have something new to read. I'm always buying new books so I don't really have the time to re-read them.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

I hardly read books again bit for the really interesting one that I like, I read them again. I don't give my books out, because there's still the possibility of me reading them again, I can only lend them out.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Gigareads
Favorite Author: Morgan Matson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gigareads.html
Latest Review: The Dream Keepers by Linda Keen
fav_author_id: 4123

Post by Gigareads »

I rarely re-read books. Usually once I've read it, I'm done with it. I don't tend to forget what happened in the book so I don't see the point in re-reading. Especially because there are so many other books I have yet to read that I could be reading instead.

If I do ever re-read its usually just a certain part of the book I enjoyed such as if something really funny happened. I don't think I would re-read a whole book, who knows maybe in like twenty to thirty years time I might re-read some of the books I'm reading now.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

I reread books quite often, though I still read more new ones in any given year than ones I have previously finished.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Techelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Techelight »

not really that often, rather i go for a new book.
wordslinger42
Currently Reading: The Lost Road and Other Writings
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordslinger42.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by wordslinger42 »

I am always reading new books, but I really enjoy re-reading my favorites, especially when it's a series and a new book comes out.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”