How often do you re-read books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
atrixa
Bookshelf Size: 0

How often do you re-read books?

Post by atrixa »

Are you the type of person who if you like a book enough, you'll read it every so often, or will you just leave it on a bookself or give it away?

I sometimes re read my favourites, but try to read new ones as well to keep a healthy balance.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Groucho Marx
US comedian with Marx Brothers (1890 - 1977)
victorian.noire

Post by victorian.noire »

i am a huge re-reader of my favorite books. my copy of memoirs of a geisha is so tattered and dog-eared...the most beloved book of my collection for sure.

when you have books that really touch you, as good books should, you cant help but re-red them1
Ready2Read

Post by Ready2Read »

yeah...i do read a book more than one time....but only if it has been months after i have finished that book. In fact i am a slow reader and it takes me some time to finish off a book...once its done i get back to the best sellers list on online bookstores like A1Books to place my next order from them. :)

Happy re-Reading!!! :wink:
Moore

Post by Moore »

You know there are some books that I re-read several times a year. As I like everything in these books - the idea, the plot and the language. I think it's normal that a person can re-read some books.
Pinkpaper

Post by Pinkpaper »

I rarely re-read books, I think just because there are so many on my wish list. My husband on the other hand will quite happily read a book then immediately start reading it again.

Im waiting to read The Road after he reads it but hes now reading I am legend for about the 15th time :evil:
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

I always reread books. Most of the time it will be years after I have first read it. Most often a friend will have just read it and it will remind me firstly, how good the book is and then how much of it I have forgoton.

I have even reread a series of books (Tales of the Otori - Lian Hearn) because they are so good. :)
Cadfael

Post by Cadfael »

I like to go back an re-read a book, I have some that I have read a few times. Thereby is the problem in our house, it is full to bursting with books! I simply don't like parting with them, I have some rather tatty paperbacks I bought when I was in school. My copy of 'Dune' by Frank Herbert cost me 35p, and that was for the new book, today it cost £7.99p.

But I have read that same book about 4 or 5 times now... and I expect I will read it again before I shrug off this mortal coil.

You buy a DVD, do you just watch it once and put it on the shelf never to be seen again? Why should it be different with books.
victorian.noire

Post by victorian.noire »

Pinkpaper wrote:
Im waiting to read The Road after he reads it but hes now reading I am legend for about the 15th time :evil:
hahaha my boyfriend and i just did that with "the host"...that was a very disappointing book...i hope that the road goes better for you!
Eric McClean

Post by Eric McClean »

I read the book for just once , reading again and again becomes monotonous for me , and i hate this sterotype work.
J.Seishu

Post by J.Seishu »

For the most part when im finished with a book i rarely ever re-read it. Most of the time it just sits on my shelf. The book i've re-read the most in the shortest time is The dirt. I read it in like every to weeks or so for some time. Haven't read it in a long time though. Other than that i re-read books after atleast a year
hania5

Post by hania5 »

I rarely do, as there are so many on my to read list, but if years have passed I might re-read the ones i love.
MyBooksForum

Post by MyBooksForum »

The only books I've ever re-read were Jane Eyre, The Twilight Saga and Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir.
schnappy

Post by schnappy »

I've also re-read the Twilight Saga and I re-read The Earth's Children's Series by Jean Auel every couple of years.
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

schnappy wrote:I've also re-read the Twilight Saga and I re-read The Earth's Children's Series by Jean Auel every couple of years.
The Earth's Children Series is definitely on my TBR list. I've heard lots of great things about it.
Author Eyes

Post by Author Eyes »

Eric McClean wrote:I read the book for just once , reading again and again becomes monotonous for me , and i hate this sterotype work.
I feel almost the same way... however, one book I've read more than once is "Catcher in the Rye."

Shelley Stout
author of RADIUM HALOS
Last edited by Author Eyes on 05 Jan 2010, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”