What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
BookishLamb
Currently Reading: The Easter Make Believers
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishlamb.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by BookishLamb »

The last book I read was Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin. I gave it 2 out of 4 stars because I was way too drawn out with certain things and I've never been a fan of that in books.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

The last book I read was Heartache 3-Bad Boy Vibes. I've now finished the series. I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars. I really enjoyed it, but there were some typos so I couldn't rate this romance novel 4 out of 4.
Mac :techie-reference:
NelVel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelvel.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by NelVel »

My previous book was The Blue Lady by Eleanor Hawken. Normally i don't read horror stories, but this one interested me. The feeling you get when you read it is chilly and make you turn on the lights :reading-3: . But i have to say that the school love story part was really cliche and not very convincing. That is way I will rate the book 3 of 4 stars.
sylviab98
Favorite Book: Storm and Silence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylviab98.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by sylviab98 »

I read Storm and Silence ! I loved the book so much, I gave it 5/5 stars ! :D
Chelle934
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Chelle934 »

I just finished Confessions of a Murder Suspect, by James Patterson the other day. This book is about siblings who are accused of the murder of their parents. Since the apartment was not broken into, and the 911 call came from the apartment, the police suspected the kids. Said accusations turn the siblings lives upside down. Without spoiling anything, lets just say that the truth of what happened that night is a twist. James Patterson did a wonderful job again, and I am eager to read the second book. 5/5.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks is a unique, creative, witty, dark and foreboding novel, narrated by Frank Cauldhames, a youth who lives with his father on a small island just off the Scottish coast.

Frank is a completely weird individual, apparently emasculated by a family dog at an early age, who goes about the island checking his poles bearing the heads of dead animals, making bombs and various other strange rituals, and who maintains an intricate 'wasp factory' in his bedroom.

Frank confesses to three bizarre murders of other children, which involve a snake, a kite and an unexploded WWII bomb found on a beach after a storm.

Franks also has a crazy older brother, Eric, who (we are told in the opening sentence) has just escaped from a mental asylum, and is apparently on his way home. Eric went a little bonkers after witnessing a gruesome incident in a hospital, and took to setting dogs on fire and stuffing worms and maggots into the mouths of children.

The whole novel reeks with a sense of foreboding that something awful will happen (it does) and that there are dark and significant secrets to be revealed (they are). The ending is a complete surprise.

Banks has created some really bizarre characters with strange, obsessive and disturbing minds and habits, fanatical in their rituals, but the writing is the highlight of this novel - it is precise, intelligent, atmospheric, beautifully paced and structured.

The subject matter will ensure that this is not a novel for everyone's taste, but I found it to be brilliantly conceived and executed.

5 stars out of 5
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
Jlso51607
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jlso51607 »

The Last Book I read is Cristin Harber's "Jax". I would give it a 8/10. I love her Titan and Delta Series they are all amazing books and keep me interested. To Me Jax could of gone a little more into detail in some areas but all in all it was a great read. I am now reading Her "Delta Revenge" book and this one is just as good as all the other ones.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

The last book that I read was Final Notice by Van Fleisher. I gave it a rating of 2 out of 4.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

Superhighway 2 by Alexander Fayman. 3/4 stars.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

teacherjh wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 11:04 I just finished Who Told You That You Were Naked? I gave it 4 out of 4 stars. It is a biblical theology book with deep insights but very understandable.
I gave it a lower rating but I agree that it has deep insight.
Raya raymond

Post by Raya raymond »

Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis. 4 out of 4 stars.
capricornius16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capricornius16.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by capricornius16 »

The last book I read was Superhighway by Alex Fayman. I gave it 4 out 4 stars.
Raya raymond

Post by Raya raymond »

capricornius16 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 05:31 The last book I read was Superhighway by Alex Fayman. I gave it 4 out 4 stars.
That's actually the next book in my list.
capricornius16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capricornius16.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by capricornius16 »

Raya raymond wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 06:10
capricornius16 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 05:31 The last book I read was Superhighway by Alex Fayman. I gave it 4 out 4 stars.
That's actually the next book in my list.
It's a great read. Hope you'll like it as much as I did.
swlly
Currently Reading: City of Bones; (The Mortal Instuments)
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swlly.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by swlly »

Educated by Tara Westover. Definitely a four out four! It was such a good book and Tara's life is fascinating. I was hooked from the beginning. Her parent's, mainly her father's, survivalist principals really showed insight on how people live their lives differently. Her story is something to look into and her family has come out with various responses and it's so interesting.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”