What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
heidianne
Bookshelf Size: 1

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by heidianne »

The last book I read was Favorite Daughter Part I by Paula Margulies. I really enjoyed the book. It's historical fiction. The book is about Pocahontas, and while most books about her are written for young adults. This one is written for adults. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to view her life a little differently.
annasheridan
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annasheridan.html

Post by annasheridan »

Son by Lois Lowry. Loved it, 5/5 stars!
yvettecathy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by yvettecathy »

The last book I read was a autobiography by Slash and Anthony Bozza called Slash. It was a what!..Wow did he really do that and a O.M.G how did he ever live threw that? If you don't know who slash is he was the lead guitarist and one of the founding members of both the groups Guns n roses and Velvet Revolver. Now he leds the band Slash ft Myles Kennedy and the conspirators. :D
cyndiha11
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyndiha11.html
Latest Review: "Empty Shell" by Ashley Fontainne

Post by cyndiha11 »

The Painted Bird, by Jerzy Kosinski. I give it 3/5.
“I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
Latest Review: "Empty Shell" by Ashley Fontainne
Angelica_92

Post by Angelica_92 »

I just finished "Gentlemen and Players" by Joanne Harris. I give it a 4/5.

Is a really interesting story, unpredictable and intense. The narrative style (narrated by two different characters) may be a little confusing at the beginning, but then it becomes easy to follow and understandable. Looking forward for a second book by this author.
Geneen Karstens

Post by Geneen Karstens »

Betrayal of Trust by J A Jance. Very good book. 4/5
reginabally
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Witches
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reginabally.html
Latest Review: "Death Takes A Lover" by Olivier Bosman

Post by reginabally »

The 100 by Kass Morgan 3/5

A futuristic young adult science fiction. It's a good read but too much romance instead of the "sci-fi" part.
A SAHM who reads and shares reviews on her blog.
Latest Review: "Death Takes A Lover" by Olivier Bosman
LozMel9

Post by LozMel9 »

Agatha Christie's '10 Little...' and it was terrifying so 5/5!
ylisa7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

I just finished The House At The End Of Hope Street by Menna van Praag. I gave it a 4 out of 5.

I really enjoyed this magical book. The house appears when women are at a point in their lives when they need hope. The house and all of it's previous occupants via portraits of them on the walls who speak give the new women what they need to move on in their lives. This book focuses on three different women and the "mother" of the house.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
Ryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan.html

Post by Ryan »

I've just finished reading Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman and I'll give it 3.5/5. The reason for this is Gilman's often flat characterization of Terry, Jeff and Van Dyke. The plot is interesting but pretty standard and although Gilman is explicitly espousing the feminist cause, this often hampers the story and prevents her from exploring other issues. However, with rich description, good dialogue and careful plotting, Gilman creates an enthralling novel with plenty to enjoy and think about.
"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection" -- Victor Hugo.
carinarivera26

Post by carinarivera26 »

I just finished reading the second book in the Hemlock trilogy. It was ok it's almost like twilight. I liked it because I'm into those kinds of books but if you didn't like twilight then you probably won't like this one.
Johntherobert
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-johntherobert.html

Post by Johntherobert »

Walked in the door. 10.
Samanthawalls6895

Post by Samanthawalls6895 »

The last books that I read were " The Arrangement Series". The books are awesome. The story keeps you hanging on. It also slightly introduces you to the other "Ferro" characters that are in Ward's spinoff series. I do wish they weren't so short. There needs to be a compilation of the current 16 books. I give it a 4/5.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

The last book I finished reading was "The Race" by Jacke Wilson and I loved it. 4 stars.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
sudene

Post by sudene »

I just finished the fifty shades trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades darker and Fifty Shades Free). The entire trilogy is 5 stars, but separately I say book one and three get 5 stars while book two 4 stars.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”